CURMUDGEON ALLDAYER -1 in 12,June (1 Viewer)

Hangover Heartattack are well good, played wiv 'em in Shefield or somewhere.

Everytime I've been there it's been fine to stay in the 1 in 12. Otherwise sew some carpet onto the back of your head & get bolloxed and you'll have loads of instant friends.

If anyone fancies doing something politically minded for the Saturday, then come to Leeds for this benefit gig:

PS- You can always see Iron Lung etc. in Leeds on the Friday, and then see all the Irish bands in Bradford on the Sunday.

Monacada2007FLATInternet.jpg

Saturday 2 June 2006 is the third annual "Moncada Rocks" all-day festival at Brudenell Social Club - founded to raise awareness about Cuba, its achievements and its situation, and to raise money for a good Latin American cause of some description.

This year the benefit cause is to raise money for the therapeutic rehabilitation treatment of torture victims in Colombia and for the therapeutic rehabilitation treatment of Colombian children who have seen their parents assasinated in front of them because of their trade union membership.

The treatment programme needs £7,000 to run for another year. Moncada Rocks 2007 aims to raise over £1,000 of that. So far we have raised £400 before the gig has started. The rest will be supplied by trade unions and the NGO "Justice for Colombia".

I'm sure you'll agree that there can be few better causes than this year's cause. Help us to raise the money to make a real difference!

For a 3 minute film on the situation of Colombian Trade Unionists and for an explanation of why we are raising money for the cause we are go to:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Announced already for the gig:

* GUEST SPEAKER - *ARTHUR SCARGILL*

(leader of the National Union of Mineworkers during the 1984/5 strike, one of the most significant figures in British history and without a doubt one of the best public speakers in any country in the world).

* GENTLEMAN'S PISTOLS

(70s style rock on roll - on "Rise Above Records", the record label of Cathedral's Lee Dorrian)

* NARCOSIS

(they say: "Grindcore is punk rock. Dickhead". Calculated Risk records and savage, fast and complex.)

* ATTILA THE STOCKBROKER

(punk rock legend, delivering punk poetry and beered up intelligent songs at their best, all the way from Bristol - or somewhere like that)

* TANGAROA

(technical metal insanity, we all know them)

* KOG

(he stays up late, he rocks hard, the one-man song-writing machine that constructs lyrics that 'hit the nail on the head' about wimmin, politics and rock n' roll and then drives home his message with his geee-tar)

* ROSE

(female vocals and samples and synths and stuff, a bit like Tori Amos but better and from Yorkshire)

* SEVERED HEAVEN

(death metal in the style of Paradise Lost / My Dying Bride when they were both heavier but heavier than both of them still. with growlier vocals)

* ELECTRIC MUD GENERATOR

(they play every year, cos the person who organizes this gig likes them, rock n roll in an epic, proggy style. Alabama Thunderpuppy. )

* AND MORE BANDS TO BE CONFIRMED..............................

£5 or summat in, free programme and special event badge, smoke cigars, drink Cuban and Venezuelan rum, feel embarrassed when your hips don't move properly to Cuban music, plus more surprises planned.

www.myspace/moncadarocks

If anyone fancies doing something politically minded for the Saturday, then come to Leeds for this benefit gig:

PS- You can always see Iron Lung etc. in Leeds on the Friday, and then see all the Irish bands in Bradford on the Sunday.

Monacada2007FLATInternet.jpg

Saturday 2 June 2006 is the third annual "Moncada Rocks" all-day festival at Brudenell Social Club - founded to raise awareness about Cuba, its achievements and its situation, and to raise money for a good Latin American cause of some description.

This year the benefit cause is to raise money for the therapeutic rehabilitation treatment of torture victims in Colombia and for the therapeutic rehabilitation treatment of Colombian children who have seen their parents assasinated in front of them because of their trade union membership.

The treatment programme needs £7,000 to run for another year. Moncada Rocks 2007 aims to raise over £1,000 of that. So far we have raised £400 before the gig has started. The rest will be supplied by trade unions and the NGO "Justice for Colombia".

I'm sure you'll agree that there can be few better causes than this year's cause. Help us to raise the money to make a real difference!

For a 3 minute film on the situation of Colombian Trade Unionists and for an explanation of why we are raising money for the cause we are go to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gBF2kWCIis

Announced already for the gig:

* GUEST SPEAKER - *ARTHUR SCARGILL*

(leader of the National Union of Mineworkers during the 1984/5 strike, one of the most significant figures in British history and without a doubt one of the best public speakers in any country in the world).

* GENTLEMAN'S PISTOLS

(70s style rock on roll - on "Rise Above Records", the record label of Cathedral's Lee Dorrian)

* NARCOSIS

(they say: "Grindcore is punk rock. Dickhead". Calculated Risk records and savage, fast and complex.)

* ATTILA THE STOCKBROKER

(punk rock legend, delivering punk poetry and beered up intelligent songs at their best, all the way from Bristol - or somewhere like that)

* TANGAROA

(technical metal insanity, we all know them)

* KOG

(he stays up late, he rocks hard, the one-man song-writing machine that constructs lyrics that 'hit the nail on the head' about wimmin, politics and rock n' roll and then drives home his message with his geee-tar)

* ROSE

(female vocals and samples and synths and stuff, a bit like Tori Amos but better and from Yorkshire)

* SEVERED HEAVEN

(death metal in the style of Paradise Lost / My Dying Bride when they were both heavier but heavier than both of them still. with growlier vocals)

* ELECTRIC MUD GENERATOR

(they play every year, cos the person who organizes this gig likes them, rock n roll in an epic, proggy style. Alabama Thunderpuppy. )

* AND MORE BANDS TO BE CONFIRMED..............................

£5 or summat in, free programme and special event badge, smoke cigars, drink Cuban and Venezuelan rum, feel embarrassed when your hips don't move properly to Cuban music, plus more surprises planned.

www.myspace/moncadarocks

hum, what to do,what to do..
havent seen tangaroa in years and narcosis are always good. electric mud generator and rose sound pretty good too, whats the capatisy of this place? will it sell out quickly with scargill there?
plus there's some quality bands on in bradford that sat...

What flights /bus are people thinking of getting? The ole' Eurolines brain-killer bus seems to be the cheapest option, plus it goes straight to Bradford.

I'm gonna get the bus up, fuckin six and a half hours. Gotta wait in Chester for 1 and 1/2 hours of that. They want nearly forty euro off me too the bastards.

Gettin' the ol' red-eye direct to Bradford, then coming back for the Complan gig, then, if I have any money left I'm going to head over to Nottingham. Warhammer World here I come!!!

To those who want to come to the Leeds gig. Last time Atilla played it was busy, the capacity is something like 300, and I expect a lot of people are coming just to see Arthur Scargill. If you are travelling from Ireland, then just give me your name, and I will put it on the advance list, and when you arrive I will make sure you will get in as I will be on the door. Alternatively call me when you get there, email [email protected] of you want my number. People can stay at my gaff round the corner too.
Luke

So who's all going?

What kinda time people gonna be around from on Saturday looks like I'll be there some time in the afternoon, gonna leave here early that morning.

I have presents for some people too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back