crouch overhead goal. (1 Viewer)

aurelio...superb ball for crouchies first but fuck it once again he was found wanting in his defensive duties and once again he did nothing with a freekick from a dangerous position...will he come good?

thought rafa should have removed garcia and aurelio at half time and sent sissoko and riiise on.

wheres the crouchie haters now?

put that overhead kick into photoshop you gowls.

anyone else watch on rte...giles began a rant with "...gerrard cant play in midfield". he explained himself in the end but it sure caught my attention. what was with brady and the liverpool hating before kick off? took a previous pool hater but now a new found fan dunphy to quiten him by telling him should arsenal come up against the pool in the latter stages dunphy would fancy the pool.

It's wayyyy too early to say who would beat who etc
Also as per usual with a domestic match up it would be who ever pld better/harder on the day

Lets be honest too think we would all rather avoid a match up too with any of the other english clubs etc

i think dunphy just wanted to quieten brady. i mean brady was talking about liverpool then says have carragher and agger played together before? i mean FFS you'd think he'd know they have seeing as they have played together on a few occassions this season.

thought rafa should have removed garcia and aurelio at half time and sent sissoko and riiise on.

or brought riise in as fullback for either aurelio or garcia, and had the other play midfield. absolutely shocking defensively on the left. agger and carra covered well but momo shoulda been in before the first galatasary goal to plug the leak.

crouch and kuyt played well together tho crouch did go missing in the second half. kuyt comes back for the ball more and uses it better when he's waiting for support - basically he does 75% of crouch's job, better. if crouchy can actually make himself useful and score regularly then it won't matter but as it is, kuyt should keep him on the bench and play with an out and out forward, ie wee craig. says i.

i agree to midfield/forward rotation, not defensive. riise should not be left out if he's fit. aurelio, good left sided substitiute.

different topic,fowler started the first game against sheffielf united, starting to wonder if hes gonna feature at all now. not even making the subs . pity. he can still finish and his running off the ball is as good as anyone. the quality of balls going into the box these days would be made for him aswell.wouldn't mind if he made an appearence against bolton. himself n crouch to start.

That last half an hour was extremely worrying. The left hand side of the defence was all over the shop, and the final whistle coudn't come quick enough. An away win at Bolton and another good home performance against Blackburn would be very welcome before the Bordeaux game.

ah it was much ado... to think kuyt hitting the post and mondragon making that save.. should have been four nil, but before you know it.. it's 3-1. yeh, we needed a momo. i also think finnan was particulalry bad yesterday. maybe he needs to be rotated.

i'll take the points thanks.

ah it was much ado...

Be that as it may hector you can't deny it was a pleasure to watch as was pg tips' precise headed volley.

Shaky fucking performance though, at halftime i was expecting they'd keep a clean sheet and add another goal or two.

another jimmy hill in our midst;)

Shit, good point. How about..., the best thing now would be to win the next two games by playing good attractive football, and preferably by scoring lots of exciting goals and not letting any in due to excellent defending!

Some Jimmy Hill quotes:

"What makes this game so delightful is that when both teams get the ball they are attacking their opponents goal."

"Manchester United are looking to Frank Stapleton to pull some magic out of the fire."

"Despite the rain, it's still raining here at Old Trafford"

"And there's Ray Clemence looking as cool as ever out in the cold."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back