credit history? (1 Viewer)

dleacht

Is there a way of checking your own? I know banks do these checks and other financial type places but can you check the register to see if there's something you may have forgotten about or not thought mattered?

If you can, does anyone know how to do it?

I was thinking about this...

Seeing as banks/building societies etc. are being very stringent when it comes to offering credit for the next few years, I wonder if it would be worthwhile defaulting on payments to your credit card/personal loans.

Then you could save this monthly expenditure and stick in some savings account.

By the time credit becomes more available (in about three or four years) your credit rating could have recovered by then and you could have made savings too.

I was thinking about this...

Seeing as banks/building societies etc. are being very stringent when it comes to offering credit for the next few years, I wonder if it would be worthwhile defaulting on payments to your credit card/personal loans.

Then you could save this monthly expenditure and stick in some savings account.

By the time credit becomes more available (in about three or four years) your credit rating could have recovered by then and you could have made savings too.

Default & your credit rating is affected for five years *after* you rectify the default.

I got mine back and it was all clear. I was breathing a sign of relief but then I realised I should have known that and not let a bank make me paranoid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back