creation museum (1 Viewer)

Morman Nailer said:
This presumption that there is a binary choice between Darwin and God is completely wrongheaded. If you think that you are not talking science anymore you are actually talking a new religion - Evolutionism.

I thought the problem was creationism attempting to be taken seriously in the scientific world rather than whether or not god exists?

great thread

the mitchum scrap with Italkshite just gave it a certain piquante quality, a certain je ne sais quoi

can you imagine this thread taking place in reality, say in some café or something? 40 people, loud shouting, sweaty tantrums, some valid arguments, quiet points being made, amusing asides, people wrestling on the floor.. all at once.

I wish your carer kept you away from the conpewter.
haha, so now you're reduced to implying i'm disabled? Top drawer old man.

httitle1.jpg

Mitchum: You see that child in the wheelchair there? With the spit on his mouth, which his carer tries to wipe away but only succeeds in wiping across his face?

RSJ: I have observed the mongoloid.

Mitchum: That's you that is. That's you watching old people playing bowls. "Umh thats ih mavis, lean into ih".

(because, obviously, i am reading up about id when i should be working..)

there's a pretty interesting discussion (well, the bit of it i've read) here

i rather liked:

ID is a trojan horse which is not meant to contribute to actual scientific discourse, but instead to single out evolution in particular as an "incomplete" theory. It's part of the creationists' long game, in which the views and attitudes of pre-college students are to be softened up for acceptance of more extreme, and even less scientifically defensible, viewpoints. This demands that ID proponents take advantage of most peoples' profound ignorance of science and the scientific method and that they appeal to a misguided sense of fairness and "equal time" for all points of view.

httitle1.jpg

Mitchum: You see that child in the wheelchair there? With the spit on his mouth, which his carer tries to wipe away but only succeeds in wiping across his face?

Mitchum: That's you that is. That's you watching old people playing bowls. "Umh thats ih mavis, lean into ih".

hahahahahaha!!!!! greatest post ever!

httitle1.jpg

Taking the moral highground, now?
How cute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back