Craft brewing festival (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter HMD
  • Start date
  • Replies 48
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 4
Some wan came up to the septic and said are you on thumped, he said yes and so is this lad(me). Do she said he's some drink tokens.

Do you not have a connection?

I had a couple of bottles of this last night. Lovely stuff.

56941.jpg

I was drinking a lovely beer in Belgium last week called Gruut Amber but unfortunately they only have distribution in Belgium and the Netherlands.

That was me. I wasn't going to use them and you were the only people I recognized there.

Bored outta my skull, so I was. I can't drink beer, the one cider I had was so sugary I thought my teeth would fall out and I was with someone doing research/talking to every stall manager. I even watched the footie for something to do.

Last edited:
That was me. I wasn't going to use them and you were the only people I recognized there.

Bored outta my skull, so I was. I can't drink beer, the one cider I had was so sugary I thought my teeth would fall out and I was with someone doing research/talking to every stall manager. I even watched the footie for something to do.

Thanks Jill, you made a great nights drinking even better. So many lovely hoppie drinks

I don't see the attraction of this thing at all. You have to pay in and then pay for your beer, right? Why not just go on a pub crawl?

I don't see the attraction of this thing at all. You have to pay in and then pay for your beer, right? Why not just go on a pub crawl?

This was exactly my feeling beforehand, but I'm really glad I went. Loads of amazing beers that I've never seen on tap anywhere else, and with generous bartenders, the booze ended up being quite cheap.

Galway Hooker and White Gypsy I've seen places but yeah many you'd maybe only get at the porterhouse or off license. Bartenders were very generous, especially if you chatted. It's why I had so many unused tokens. Dude I was with never had to buy a single one. Blagger to the extreme.

They sell these in Aldi i think, They do a stout also ?

The Aldi one is made by O'Hara's but it's a bit different, about 1% weaker for a start.

This was the original Irish IPA but it has been surpassed by the likes of Porterhouse Hop Head, 8 Degrees Hurricane and Franciscan Well IPA.

Thanks a million for the drink tickets Jill. I hope I said thank you at the time, I was fairly hopped out of it and just so surprised someone was giving me free drink.

The fest was good craic. It was a great opportunity to see what Craft brewing looks like in Ireland in 2013 and it was nice to get a bit of info and a natter from the brewers. Because of that, it was different from a pub crawl or a night in Against the Grain. (Don’t get me wrong, Drink was taken. I had my pint glass taken off me and was refused more beer at a time at which I still could have got the last bus)

HMD and I stuck to the hoppier beers on offer and even the Amber Ales were loaded full of hops. I should have tried more different kinds of beer as I do also like a malty Amber or even a well made Wiess when I am not out on the tear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back