Crackdown on live bootlegs - what the f**k ? (1 Viewer)

Preacher

Website
Visit site
Haven't bought any live bootlegs for a while but decided to treat myself recently and buy the bootleg CD of Bruce Springsteen's excellent RDS gig in May. Strolled into a well known second hand CD place on the quays who I knew to have a great selection of live bootlegs. To my astonishment I was told by the owner that they can't sell them anymore as there's been new legislation passed or some such bollocks. A quick scout around some of the other bootleg sellers in the area revealed a similar absence of illicit live stuff.

What the f**k ? I've been buying live bootleg material for over twenty years now - they've always been illegal but the cops never bothered enforcing it. What's happened ?

Preacher said:
Haven't bought any live bootlegs for a while but decided to treat myself recently and buy the bootleg CD of Bruce Springsteen's excellent RDS gig in May. Strolled into a well known second hand CD place on the quays who I knew to have a great selection of live bootlegs. To my astonishment I was told by the owner that they can't sell them anymore as there's been new legislation passed or some such bollocks. A quick scout around some of the other bootleg sellers in the area revealed a similar absence of illicit live stuff.

What the f**k ? I've been buying live bootleg material for over twenty years now - they've always been illegal but the cops never bothered enforcing it. What's happened ?

Some of those cd`s were being sold for 25+euros!!!
Last time i was there, i toyed with the idea of picking up a Manics bootleg cd, but with it being priced at something like 28euros! i declined.
I ended up buying video in the end - have the footage was crappy though....

But 28 friggin Euro a pop!
Now thats what i call lawless behaviour!

bootleggers that do the dublin scene are shite. and they'll sell you any piece of crap.

plus, they copy "official" bootlegs that are released by those wacky bootleg labels. and they're now starting to put any 'oul mp3's onto disc and flog it off to unsuspecting customers.

advice, just do it yourself.

That Rythm Records- the yellow one one near the halfpanny bridge used to sell a lot of bootlegged stuff.

I got a present of a Thin Lizzy documentary video and it was just taped directly off network 2- ads and all! for something like 15 quid!
Fuckers

Rimbaud said:
Some of those cd`s were being sold for 25+euros!!!
Last time i was there, i toyed with the idea of picking up a Manics bootleg cd, but with it being priced at something like 28euros! i declined.
What was it? there's a decent chance i have it somewhere

Ed said:
What was it? there's a decent chance i have it somewhere
Think it was some Demo`s collection - it had acoustic version of Little Baby Nothing, A live version of Its So Easy, New Art Riot, Suicide Alley, Razorblade Beat...all that kinda earlier stuff.
You know nearly every year when it comes towards Christmas i go on a scouting campaign for early Manics stuff.....and i don`t listne to them as much as i used to even.....so anything you wanna get rid of, i`ll gladly sort you out for it!

I`ve got a nice Vaselines L.p. on Pink Vinyl, waiting to leave my collection - as well as other stuff...

Rimbaud said:
Think it was some Demo`s collection - it had acoustic version of Little Baby Nothing, A live version of Its So Easy, New Art Riot, Suicide Alley, Razorblade Beat...all that kinda earlier stuff.
You know nearly every year when it comes towards Christmas i go on a scouting campaign for early Manics stuff.....and i don`t listne to them as much as i used to even.....so anything you wanna get rid of, i`ll gladly sort you out for it!

I`ve got a nice Vaselines L.p. on Pink Vinyl, waiting to leave my collection - as well as other stuff...
I'm pretty sure i have that, may not be exactly the same bootleg, but i have pretty much everything they've ever put to tape. They're not for sale, but i'll copy anything you'd want.

Ed said:
I'm pretty sure i have that, may not be exactly the same bootleg, but i have pretty much everything they've ever put to tape. They're not for sale, but i'll copy anything you'd want.
Nah thats ok, cheers anyway.
I have alot of it already on cassettes(from Rhythm Records as it happens!).
Bought a bunch of tapes there years ago - they were more reasonably priced back then....

I remember i got a trance version(mix?) of Pink Floyd`s "Animals" on tape - christ that was fair shite....but i was only a young fella.

Rimbaud said:
Nah thats ok, cheers anyway.
I have alot of it already on cassettes(from Rhythm Records as it happens!).
Bought a bunch of tapes there years ago - they were more reasonably priced back then....

I remember i got a trance version(mix?) of Pink Floyd`s "Animals" on tape - christ that was fair shite....but i was only a young fella.
Rhythm bootlegs I found less "professional" - Borderline always better

anybody else find that they happen to hate the shops that sell the boots
rhythm, borderline, mojo ... all truly dreadful shops - poxy attitudes

chickenham said:
anybody else find that they happen to hate the shops that sell the boots
rhythm, borderline, mojo ... all truly dreadful shops - poxy attitudes
rhythm and mojo certainly - the guy (mid to late 30s black hair) in the latter is an utter cunt

borderline - ok, been going in for years, never had any problems

can anyone explain why rhythm only shows u2 live videos on their tv? is it just their "thing" or am i missing something...?

rimbaud

i've got the new art riot ep reissued
the original slash n' burn and motorcycle emptiness singles
also the reissued theme from mash japanese import ep

they're all for sale

TESTAROSSA said:
can anyone explain why rhythm only shows u2 live videos on their tv? is it just their "thing" or am i missing something...?
Its down to the tourists - the many times i`ve witnessed Americains in there looking for U2 stuff....buying U2 7" etc...Video`s..cd`s.

Or else its they`re big U2 fans inside the counter....

pssc said:
rimbaud

i've got the new art riot ep reissued
the original slash n' burn and motorcycle emptiness singles
also the reissued theme from mash japanese import ep

they're all for sale
You know..that stuff is pretty hard to flog in general....

I`ll think about it.

Ok, - how much do you want for the lot then?Postage free yea?Are they on CD/vinyl?
P.M me please!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back