Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (1 Viewer)

Buses and bikes are fine for people who live in or near to the city... but I know a lot of people who commute 40 plus km each way. Letting people who can keep working from home, not clogging up the city centre with offices and commuters and giving back all those georgian houses to residential use again would make the city a much nicer place to live and work in. It would be cheaper for businesses and give most if not all workers better quality of life as those who needed to could physically live nearer to where they physically work, and everyone else could live wherever they wanted.

whenever im working near fitzwilliam street/square/leeson st (Georgian Dublin essentially) i can never get over what anabsolute waste it is having businesses operating from those beautiful grand houses.
such a shame fuck all of them are residential.

whenever im working near fitzwilliam street/square/leeson st (Georgian Dublin essentially) i can never get over what anabsolute waste it is having businesses operating from those beautiful grand houses.
such a shame fuck all of them are residential.

They could be amazing, large, elegant apartments. And with more residential property on the market prices would have to come down. And with people spending a lot more time in their homes people would hold developers and landlords to higher standards.

Out and about today in London. Lots of pubs open but not many people in them. Good 95% of people on the buses wearing masks which was good to see. I’d say about 50/50 in shops

Went for a substantial meal with a few friends - (was the designated).

PLace was grand with teh social awkwardness for a while, then a bunch of lads arrived and just landed up to the bar like it was 2019, one grabbing a pint from the guinness queue that was meant for a table. I was kinda taken aback by it. spotted a bag on the floor after a few mins, pink, gift bag, 'welcoming your new baby girl', notice one of the lads is getting plenty of pats on the back.

So basically if you've already gotten the ride and confirm by producing a child the bars are totally normal.

I met up with a friend yesterday for coffee in Limerick city.
I’ve called over to him a few times and chatted to him from his doorway, and text the odd time, but I’m the only person his spoken to face to face since March.
He’s left the house maybe 5 times to get shopping and that’s it.
He’s gotten really twitchy and was talking about how the left wing extremists were going to destroy us, especially by pushing their BLM propaganda and that the Covid society structure we have now will be around forever.
Also apparently we’re moving in to a cash free society with big brother watching it and will all be brainwashed to swap around genders.
I thought he was joking, he was not.
Maybe he was always going to spiral like this, but it’s still scary to see.
I don’t know how the mental help services will cope in the next few months.

I should probably add that while he was saying all this, there were two guys dressed up as salmons wearing Irish dancing costumes behind him, so it was all a bit ... odd.

I met up with a friend yesterday for coffee in Limerick city.
I’ve called over to him a few times and chatted to him from his doorway, and text the odd time, but I’m the only person his spoken to face to face since March.
He’s left the house maybe 5 times to get shopping and that’s it.
He’s gotten really twitchy and was talking about how the left wing extremists were going to destroy us, especially by pushing their BLM propaganda and that the Covid society structure we have now will be around forever.
Also apparently we’re moving in to a cash free society with big brother watching it and will all be brainwashed to swap around genders.
I thought he was joking, he was not.
Maybe he was always going to spiral like this, but it’s still scary to see.
I don’t know how the mental help services will cope in the next few months.

I should probably add that while he was saying all this, there were two guys dressed up as salmons wearing Irish dancing costumes behind him, so it was all a bit ... odd.

While not so direct i've seen the same kinda thing happening with people. It's never been more apparent to me that people being kept busy and given a bit of responsibilty is basically the difference between civilisation and madness.

i was at the bottle bank yesterday and a lad pulled up in a car, and got out swigging from a bottle of wine. turns out it was a performance for the camera monitoring littering at the bottle bank (he got done for it) and the conversation went from there, to the rosicrucians, masons, new world order and impending genocide.
i suspect his issues predate lockdown though.

Any friends who had been spouting shite (favourite was covid-19 was planted in Wuhan by CIA special ops) I've been giving short thrift too. Noticeably, I'm not hearing any crap any more, but I reckon they just know better than to say it to me. But does that mean this sort of crap is disappearing into it's own echo chamber, or that angrily dismissing it means it just gets redirected to others who might believe it.

i.e. would it be better to just listen and gently disagree?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back