Cork tony (1 Viewer)

Wavioli said:
aww, pity. Please try and get ANYTHING this man says on tape.
yeah, shame. but I'll make enquiries!

Wavioli said:
my interweb name is a bastard version of my real name. and speech impediments yes. And im not sure if you're hungover or not. did you drink last night? cos if u did then u probably are.

ament i smrt
smart point indeed! yesterday was the first day of hanukkah so I was at a hanukkah party! .|..| so there was much jelly donut/spinning top action (I believe it's called a dreidel, plus fuckload of booze and gange (I'm not sure how traditional that aspect of the party was). anyway, twas great fun. and there's another six days of it! jewish holidays truly rule. :)

so, I guess I was drinking then..

plug said:
yeah, shame. but I'll make enquiries!

smart point indeed! yesterday was the first day of hanukkah so I was at a hanukkah party! .|..| so there was much jelly donut/spinning top action (I believe it's called a dreidel, plus fuckload of booze and gange (I'm not sure how traditional that aspect of the party was). anyway, twas great fun. and there's another six days of it! jewish holidays truly rule. :)

so, I guess I was drinking then..
ha! good idea! (or is it any excuse:p )

does anyone know the point of those dradle things anyways?

Wavioli said:
ha! good idea! (or is it any excuse:p )

does anyone know the point of those dradle things anyways?
yeah, it's a game innit? there are four symbols on the dreidel, called nes, po, er.. tinkwink & lala..? ;)

Here's what some site sez (this is a kid's version of the game, I believe people play for money too):

"The four letters which appear on the four corners of a dreidel alude to the miracle of Hanukkah. They spell out: Nes (N-miracle), Gadol (G-great), Haya (H-happened) and Sham (S-there, meaning in Israel).

To begin the game, each player should have about 20 Peppermint Candy Drops. Each person puts one piece of candy in the middle of the table. Then each person takes a turn at spinning the dreidel. When only one piece of candy or no candy is left in the middle each player adds another piece of candy. When a player has all the candy, that person wins!"

there seems to be something significant about peppermint as well...

plug said:
yeah, it's a game innit? there are four symbols on the dreidel, called nes, po, er.. tinkwink & lala..? ;)

Here's what some site sez (this is a kid's version of the game, I believe people play for money too):

"The four letters which appear on the four corners of a dreidel alude to the miracle of Hanukkah. They spell out: Nes (N-miracle), Gadol (G-great), Haya (H-happened) and Sham (S-there, meaning in Israel).

To begin the game, each player should have about 20 Peppermint Candy Drops. Each person puts one piece of candy in the middle of the table. Then each person takes a turn at spinning the dreidel. When only one piece of candy or no candy is left in the middle each player adds another piece of candy. When a player has all the candy, that person wins!"

there seems to be something significant about peppermint as well...
So wait, one of the things is bad or what?

On a slightly related note, apparantly there is a place which is named as Hell in some holy book (cant remember which one) is actually a place in israel! I met an Israeli girl over the summer, who took great delight in telling me that she'd been to hell, and that it was pretty nice!

she was pretty weird, mind you.

jane said:
Bump. More Tony, please. Anyone?
he's moving to limerick apparantly..

hanley's the man to ask about all things tony. bob?

I think this thread should be expanded to appreciate not only tony and his antics, but all the other playas in the cork tir na gcasta/capital of culchies/etc. kru.

true legends one and all .|..|

Bag'o'cans said:
Haven't seen him at any parties in ages, i feel bad for drawing attention to his ways.
is this you? !ninjaaaa

mainroom1.gif

Bag'o'cans said:
Haven't seen him at any parties in ages, i feel bad for drawing attention to his ways.

What!? What about our epic film? There's no place for a conscience in that, Bagsy. No bleedin' place.

Look, Tony draws attention to himself. He's already taken centre stage. All we'd be doing is moving stuff out of the way.

What?

No more on Tony all of a sudden? No interest in the past three years? He's a reformed man now. Made a good flick after all.

Oh yeah, and if anyone picks up on this thread again, I have him recorded on mp3.

n265998999797_5144.jpg

The Space, An Artist-led gallery Presents

'The Tony Desmond Show' as part of The Boon Tea Room

February 6th 9pm

Featuring:
Performance, Poetry, Stories and Music and a 50euro 1st Prize for the winner of The Tony Desmond ‘University of Life’ challenge

With guest commentators
Michael Foy & Gearld Heffernan. €4 Admission

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=265998999797&ref=nf

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back