Cork invasion (1 Viewer)

i was once at a gig where the crowd were more interested in eating raw veg and fruit than drinking and watching the stage. Guess which county..

OMG, raw veg, raw fruit, this sounds so totally insane, californian, and trendy, it could only have been those farmer's market patronising knobends up in da big smoke!

Dublin ya? what sort of fruits were they eatin? Strange exotic things from the Orient not yet seen by the people of Cork?

9663475_ce59e1ee39.jpg

And what was it that they ignored while indulging their trendy tastebuds in such hip mastication?

Something like this?

jools-holland-rhythm-and-blues-orchestra.jpg

sure the best solutions come from internal arguments (this could obviously be said better but im in one of those outside boxes at the mo)

As i have said before-There aint nothing like a bit of rivalry between countys to stir up the couldron of creativityand just as long as things are kept clean and nothing resorts to throwing poo.

sure the best solutions come from internal arguments (this could obviously be said better but im in one of those outside boxes at the mo)

As i have said before-There aint nothing like a bit of rivalry between countys to stir up the couldron of creativityand just as long as things are kept clean and nothing resorts to throwing poo.

so how much money are you expecting to make from this?

Wouldn't worry bout it.
From what I've seen of the Dublin audience at times, they have a truly amazing ability to act cool and passe...gig probably be over by the time anyone turns to look at the stage!.

(only joking:bad generalization)

Reminds me of the "culchies go mad for any gigs even if the music is shite because they're starved for entertainment, everywhere outside of Dublin being a wasteland" stereotype.

Reminds me of the "culchies go mad for any gigs even if the music is shite because they're starved for entertainment, everywhere outside of Dublin being a wasteland" stereotype.

well i'd rather drink at the culchie gigs then, sounds more fun.
Your on about the Giraffe Running tour years back right???

so how much money are you expecting to make from this?

Not a penny my friend. Im good mates with all the bands and said i would sort them out with a gig. Need to get into heaven ya know. I hear they have bouncers at the gates now and they know whether you have been a good boy or not, like santa.

I was going to see about getting a bus to go up and back. I know this one with a big 52 seater and she might be up for it at a reasonable price but to be honest i would'nt like to be pissed on a bus for 3hrs after a gig so maybe not many people would be interested. And you can only imagine how much it would piss off the driver having a bus load of langers onboard. Still though if enough people are intersted..........

sounds like a decent idea but you thinking of travelling back the same night? As long as she'd be ok with multiple piss stops I guess...

Organise me a lift up and down from Limerick where I don't have to pay for petrol or talk to the other people in the car, then I'll definately go.

Nice line-up. Cork bands are more fun.

Hmmm, Bus driver is in italy i believe. You should still try and get a lift up. There should be an add in this weeks Echo recruiting soldiers to come up and support the bands so there should be a few people up for heading.

For some reason its only been girls wanting to head up to this gig from Cork?? Shouldn have put my number on that poster. But then again.....;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back