Cork invasion (2 Viewers)

Mattwav

Website
www.myspace.com
I read an article there a few days ago that was going on about how Dublin was the capital for good music in Ireland. What a load of Cock..

imo Cork kicks Dublins ass when it comes down to talented musicians and great bands. We should rightfully get a big thrown with loads of servants and a big shiny plack that says "well done Cork, Well Done" (literally says it in John spillanes voice). The plack of course commemorating our brilliance on being the capital for good music in Ireland.

In reply to this article we Corkonians are going to do what we do best, Rebel!!!
We are sending some of our finest bands to invade Dublins music scene and show dublin why Cork should be the music Capital of Ireland.

This is the CORK Invasion...............boy!

The time is nigh!! Dublin's title of music capital of Ireland is about to be crippled by 5 granny eating Cork acts.

El bastardo- Hardcore Mercenaries
www.myspace.com/elbastardo

Elk- Zipped in victory dancers
www.myspace.com/elkgilbertino

I'll Eat Your Face- Heavily armoured two-piece mayhem
www.myspace.com/illeatyourfaceireland

Private Underground Residence- Postal rock infiltrators
www.myspace.com/privateundergroundresidence

Lamp- 1st Division Folk Rock Bandits
www.myspace.com/bulbshade

Frontline-The Lower Deck
Ammo- 6E

D-day- Fri 18th Jan 8:30pm

These Corkanians have been training arduously for the last number of weeks so that they can claim the title which rightly belongs to Cork.

Bare bone jones was speaking to one band member earlier- "For years we have stood by while national and international media focus is kept on "the up and coming acts" in dublin where media stations from all over the capital bombard us corkonians nationally with awful tripe from the "fantastically vibrant" dublin music scene. No more we say. They can take their fantastically vibrant music scene and shove it into the black hole that is their accent's"

If they aint fighting words i dont know what is....

Those of you dare stand up to the might of Cork make yourselves present on D-day and face the wrath of the best bands on the Cork music scene.

Right, another piece of empirical evidence to support my Cork inferiority complex theory! Why not just say, there's some damned good music in Cork, without having to qualify it by saying that it kicks Dublin's ass?

imho neither city has much to shout about.

Kilcoole is the exception to this dibocal. I hear aliens landed there a few decades ago and contaminated the water with magical musical serum which made everyone just really good at creating music.

I take it all back. My shocking grammar undermines me, also the tag "cork=anagram of rock" means I was wrong all along ....this IS hilarious!

Wouldn't worry bout it.
From what I've seen of the Dublin audience at times, they have a truly amazing ability to act cool and passe...gig probably be over by the time anyone turns to look at the stage!.

(only joking:bad generalization)

Wouldn't worry bout it.
From what I've seen of the Dublin audience at times, they have a truly amazing ability to act cool and passe...gig probably be over by the time anyone turns to look at the stage!.

(only joking:bad generalization)

they are a shit load better than london crowds. but not a patch on the japanese.

i was once at a gig where the crowd were more interested in eating raw veg and fruit than drinking and watching the stage. Guess which county..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back