Cork Invasion- The Lower Deck (1 Viewer)

I love playing Cork.I've always found people friendly and accomodating.I've had a one or two experiences where folks I don't know seemed to feel obliged to have a go at me for living in Dublin (...alright Shane-o) which was vaguely ridiculous as
A)I don't care
B)I'm from Waterford, and dislike Dublin as much as everyone else
C)it was dropped randomly into a conversation and just made them look like a dick

I am constantly baffled however by the fact that certain folks I've met down there seem to think everyone in Dublin sees them self as superior to Cork.That's more defensiveness than arrogance though.

ah yeah, I know that now like, but at the time I just didn't really know what the story was.
The rest of the post was aimed at some randomer who gave me grief in Fred's one night,not yourself.Some pissed lad just walked over and started shiting on about "all you dublin bands are shit, look at the state of you" blah blah blah..haven't seen him before or since.

010107-cork_1.jpg

03.jpg

and the
web%20hay.jpg

Saved.jpg

I love Cork, always have a blast there. All The Boy You Hit is Dead gigs in Cork were amazing fun although all of the Easpa Measa gigs have been complete disasters. P.A's going on fire, venue windows being smashed etc.. Madness. I get the same Dublin shit and nor am I from there or live there. Langers

yeah but you're even worse...
kil ugh kenny....
plus you always seem to turn up in cork a week after ye destroy us in stick fighting....
smiling to boot...

plus you always seem to turn up in cork a week after ye destroy us in stick fighting....
smiling to boot...
I had to sit across a table from the langer in a pub in Kilkenny and watch them dissect us in an All Ireland final a few years back, big smile on his face that day as us shams trudged out the door to head back to Cork

OK.this is not funny and is extremely bad form.

My house was broken into where nothing was stolen but the following was written with a black felt pen on my toilet seat:

"music is better chewed and not swallowed in Cork"

"Cork = exists = why? = satan needed a place to put evangelists"

"Where art thou good music-not in Cork anyway"

And the final piece of such eloquent english phrasing was scribbled out , but you know what, i could still make it out.
it Said;

"Turn and Humanzi rokin hard 4eva"

SO you thought you could get away with it. A pre-emptive strike to our pre-emptive invasion......well well, Kudos i mus say......but this is not going to go unpunished (insert v angry face here)

its not a gig m8, its an invasion using music as the medium of offense. The FBI and Chinese have used this method for years to get "terrorists" to surrender and the like. I admit it is usually terrible music that no one could really stand listening to for 1minute but yes of course the bands at this gig are the exception=)

Actually that would be a cool thread- MUSIC THAT WOULD MAKE YOU SURRENDER!!

So do you actually want any Dublin people at this gig?

Doesn't sound like it to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back