Cork Invasion- The Lower Deck (2 Viewers)

Mattwav

Website
www.myspace.com
The time is nigh!! Dublin's title of music capital of Ireland is about to be crippled by 5 granny eating Cork acts.

El bastardo- Hardcore Mercenaries
myspace.com/elbastardo

Elk- Zipped in victory dancers
myspace.com/elkgilbertino

I'll Eat Your Face- Heavily armoured two-piece mayhem
myspace.com/illeatyourfaceireland

Private Underground Residence- Postal rock infiltrators
myspace.com/privateundergroundresidence

Lamp- 1st Division Folk Rock Bandits
myspace.com/bulbshade

Frontline-The Lower Deck
Ammo- 6E

D-day- Fri 18th Jan 8:30pm

These Corkanians have been training arduously for the last number of weeks so that they can claim the title which rightly belongs to Cork.

Bare bone jones was speaking to one band member earlier- "For years we have stood by while national and international media focus is kept on "the up and coming acts" in dublin where media stations from all over the capital bombard us corkonians nationally with awful tripe from the "fantastically vibrant" dublin music scene. No more we say. They can take their fantastically vibrant music scene and shove it into the black whole that is their accent's"

If they aint fighting words i dont know what is....

Those of you dare stand up to the might of Cork make yourselves present on D-day and face the wrath of the best bands on the Cork music scene.

cork people are up their own arses.

its a pity there isnt more limerick folk round these here parts.

i had to stop going to their gigs cause barry was close to putting me to tears with the snare working and the like...sniff sniff.....its just so beautiful

i think you would see it if you saw it....cheeky me yes;)

Put it this way (and i am just speaking for myself), the amount of times ive heard a band on cd and gone "yep its ok, not as big as its hyped to be really" and then gone and seen the band and then shit myself with absolute sobre amazement....well, it happens i must say. And the face eating cork TWO PIECE (one guitar and one drums) are one of those bands.

And Just to let all you know both Elk and Lamp are also two pieces- in case you wandered onto their myspaces and gone "yeah thats a load of bollox". Its one guitarist and drummer with Lamp and one bass player and drummer with Elk and they are savage with the resources they have. Its like saying- Oh that gold miner A only dragged 2tons of ore out of the pit today compared to the miner in pit B. Yeah well miner A didnt use a fukin machine did he then........=) right so

i think you would see it if you saw it....cheeky me yes;)

Put it this way (and i am just speaking for myself), the amount of times ive heard a band on cd and gone "yep its ok, not as big as its hyped to be really" and then gone and seen the band and then shit myself with absolute sobre amazement....well, it happens i must say. And the face eating cork TWO PIECE (one guitar and one drums) are one of those bands.

You a mate of theirs right?
They're good, but not my thing really.30 second blast, have a laugh, another 30 send metal blast...
Should be a deadly gig though, Elk are excellent, haven't seen them in ages which is a pity.
And everyone should see El Bastardo at least once in their lives.

yeah i know the barrys for years, though i am from kerry.

The last gig i saw of el bastardo was in freds and they were doing the "i hope you get cancer and die" song. Some girl turns around to me and goes, "he's singing about my sister" and walks off....what a moment.

yeah i know the barrys for years, though i am from kerry.

The last gig i saw of el bastardo was in freds and they were doing the "i hope you get cancer and die" song. Some girl turns around to me and goes, "he's singing about my sister" and walks off....what a moment.

You sure?That song isn't about a girl.(must still right the disclaimer for that track before the release happens)
Maybe you met a mate of mine, El Bastardo have a song about her boyfriend.She/they was at the last gig before xmas.(must still right the disclaimer for that track before the release happens)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back