cops/ nazis/ oly spud and what the fuck is pc. (1 Viewer)

subbuteo !

Website
Visit site
spuded said:
But i hate the fact that the idea of 'dead pigs' is so hilarious to some pc as fuck punks.
some peolpe might call you pc for your stance on cops

also oly called people pc for wanting to stop ya man talking .....i would have called him pc for his free speech for the nazi stance.

so my question ? WHAT MAKES SOMETHING PC. who decides?

maybe a list 5 of things people consider pc in your replys thanks.

Cormcolash said:
PC is a term invented by people who know they are wrong.
PC is a load of shite. It's for people who would rather walk on egg shells than piss another human being off. You can't please anyone so why bother. Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke...

Where did I say anything about anyone being PC? Ed was the only person who even used the phrase 'PC' in the whole BNP thread. Jaysus Byrnoes, do your homework before you go around trying to tell everyone I think stopping debates has something to do with computers.

what i meant byrnoes was that the punk scene has created a certain set of standards or beliefs whihc are considered 'more punk', suhc as hating the police, hating the church, being vegetarian etc, and if people actually decide that maybe these beliefs may not exactly be similar to the beliefs they hold they are given an 'internet slap on the wrist', pc was probably not the right term to use, it's just that i was trying to put the point across that everyone can have differing opinions and that very few people in this world are inherently bad or inherently good. Thats just my belief, but the term pc had nothing to do with it.

its the same as when oly made jokes about eating meat, straight away people jump right down his throat because eating meat has been decided as being 'unpunk', i've been beggie for nearly 10 years now and if someone else wants to eat meat thats fine by me, thats their choice, its not that i dont believe strongly in animal rights, anybody who knows me knows how i feel about that, its just that everyone is different and that difference needs to be acknowledged, and i think the punk scene has never been excellant in acknowledging difference. But yet again that is my belief and im not expecting anyone to agree.

the strange guy said:
People who take people's diet seriously deserve to be fed to ravenous pigs.
That is one of the best ways to dispose of bodies without trace. Those critters willl eat anything. Why just last year near Vancouver a pig farmer was caught after killing and feeding between twenty and forty prostitutes to his hogs. PC by the way was originaly coined by arsehole republicans (the american kind) around the Reagan era, as a putdown term to dismiss anyone who actually gave a fuck about the world, much like the way 'bleeding heart liberal' was used prior to that. The fact that it's become commonplace for people supposedly opposed to scum like the republicans to use it to insult each other is kind of twisted...

"its the same as when oly made jokes about eating meat, straight away people jump right down his throat because eating meat has been decided as being 'unpunk', i've been beggie for nearly 10 years now and if someone else wants to eat meat thats fine by me, thats their choice, its not that i dont believe strongly in animal rights, anybody who knows me knows how i feel about that, its just that everyone is different and that difference needs to be acknowledged, and i think the punk scene has never been excellant in acknowledging difference. But yet again that is my belief and im not expecting anyone to agree."
I don't agree. Its nothing to do with people being, or indeed trying to be punk, or un-punk, as in the majority of people who would argue with oly for example about his consumption of meat would do so out of conviction, and not out of a desire to convey a certain image....I would hope.

people die every day - it's tragic.
When one of these ppl is cop - it's not quite so tragic.
one less cop.

i have no problem with someone who joins the 'police force' to make some sort of a change ie catch murderers and stop street violence. but those kind of reasons normaly remain ideals and i think most policemen/women just end up bitter at society and lash out via brutality and petty fucking thinkgs.

you townies have it easy
i hate our local police...ever scince we became 'active' in putting on gigs and having local protests and stuff like that they've been at us. last year it was really bad they had a little file going on us (the bands!!) and anytime any punk or hippie looking type was stopped they were asked if they were affiliated with us. shit buzz!
they knwo us all by name and stop us frequently (ive been stopped an uncountable amount of times) and ive been searched well over ten times. thats fully searched ie bag and clothes and shit...which was illegal because for most of them i was under 18.
i guess thats the price you pay for living in a rural town!

mc moley said:
i have no problem with someone who joins the 'police force' to make some sort of a change ie catch murderers and stop street violence. but those kind of reasons normaly remain ideals and i think most policemen/women just end up bitter at society and lash out via brutality and petty fucking thinkgs.
But in reality how often do the police stop those types of crimes? I mean look at limerick or west dublin - the police don't really stop murders or violent street crime all they do is investigate afterwards. They don't try to stop the situations that create crime either (perhaps because this would involve dealing with the gap between the rich and the poor).
A larger percentage of their time is spent hassling people Over stupid petty things, sitting around in court or randomly walking/driving/cycling around in the hope that they find a crime.
Fuck the police they destroy more lives than they save.

you townies have it easy
i hate our local police...ever scince we became 'active' in putting on gigs and having local protests and stuff like that they've been at us. last year it was really bad they had a little file going on us (the bands!!) and anytime any punk or hippie looking type was stopped they were asked if they were affiliated with us. shit buzz!
they knwo us all by name and stop us frequently (ive been stopped an uncountable amount of times) and ive been searched well over ten times. thats fully searched ie bag and clothes and shit...which was illegal because for most of them i was under 18.
i guess thats the price you pay for living in a rural town!
That's rough. Not much you can do when the police are fucking with your shit.

the strange guy said:
Where did I say anything about anyone being PC? Ed was the only person who even used the phrase 'PC' in the whole BNP thread. Jaysus Byrnoes, do your homework before you go around trying to tell everyone I think stopping debates has something to do with computers.
sorry it wasn't pc it was right on much of a muchness . qoute oly "Alright you right-on cunts." and as for the computer joke ......

ed i wasn't having a go its just im sick of the whole right on /pc shit its just an easy thing to say everybody uses it with different meaning because whats pc to you might not be pc to me.we all have levels of what we deem exceptable . Originally Posted by Cormcolash
PC is a term invented by people who know they are wrong.
Quote: kolin "PC is a load of shite. It's for people who would rather walk on egg shells than piss another human being off. You can't please anyone so why bother. Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke..."

but what is pc. everyone has different levels that they will except.im sure theres jokes that make you cringe or say thats abit much?.is that you been pc .

oly who gave ya shit for eating meat at a gig??

the strange guy said:
If it was out of conviction, and not image, they would be having the argument with people in a butcher's and not with me in front of everyone at a gig.

you mean harass unsuspecting people going about their private business as opposed to talking to some smartarse who keeps goading you about not eating meat. that's sensible. how can you write computer programmes using that kind of logic . . errors off the scale

Hey Moley, when the cops stop you and search you, you can ask them for a docket that says they've searched you. After you collect three, they have to get a court order.

Take that, pig!

Fuck the cops. Anyone who says they're willing to do whatever they're told, no matter whether they agree with it or not, without the option to disagree or refuse, whether its beating innocent people or ignoring evidence which proves someone not guilty or whatever, is a fuckin scumbag. Especially when it generally revolves around being a footsoldier for the rich and privaleged. No love lost for burning cops.

Okay, so Little Johnny Goodcop joins the Garda Siocláide with the best of intentions -"I'm going to stop rapes and arrest bad people and make the world a nicer place". Every day Little Johnny Goodcop goes to work, hears the opinions of his friends & older and wiser colleagues, and goes out on the beat following orders to do what cops do.

Pretty soon, Little Johnny finds out that he can pretty much do what he wants, and nobody can stop him. If he tells someone to shut up, they better shut up or they'll be in big trouble. If someone doesn't like what he says, well they better not say so, because h'ho! by christ if they speak back to Big Johnny Bigcop they'll be in barnfull of shite.

3 years later and Big Johnny Badcop is pretty happy with being able to tell everyone what to do and get away with it. He likes that people aren't allowed to talk back to him, and if they do, he can get them in lots of trouble! And the best thing is -everyone thinks he's great! Well, everyone that matters that is, and sure can't he batter the knackers and gypos and foreigners and hippies all he likes, and no-one will say nuthin? Grand!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back