Cops Attack Wheelock Family - WTF!? (1 Viewer)

Antrophe

http://indymedia.ie/article/76148

This is completely nuts..especially considering the media attention around the attempt to fit up Brian Rossiters dad for a public order incident which was slammed by a judge during the week. That the dickheads think they can get away with this not being reported is fucking nuts. Seriously, if the press don't report this..

La La said:
jeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus christ. that's insane!

fucking hell

Yes, it is insane - if it is true.

According to Indymedia "hundreds" of people witnessed this raid on their home. Hmmm..really? This sounds like sensationalist reporting to me. I'll expect to see these hundreds of witness statements so.

Was there a coroners report about the death of this Wheelock chap?

i'd also like to see medical reports on the 10 year old girl that got hit with a baton. kids bruise easily. the report seems iffy

not to say that the previous case is shit and dodgy.

spiritualtramp said:

According to Indymedia "hundreds" of people witnessed this raid on their home. Hmmm..really? This sounds like sensationalist reporting to me. I'll expect to see these hundreds of witness statements so.

The Sun are silent partners in Indymedia.

RESIST STORE STREET

sorry. Just reading the comments under the article.

spiritualtramp said:

i heard streets sometimes have over a hundred people living in them - sounds a bit dodge to me though.

cops have done this sort of shit plenty of places before. provoking communities into violence gives them a reason to lift people and swamp the areas.

So, apart from the now heavily-disputed number of witnesses, has there been any other reporting of this? I assume if people are going to be turning up in Store st to give statements, it's only a matter of time.

oh shit said:
i heard streets sometimes have over a hundred people living in them - sounds a bit dodge to me though.

My instant reaction to this is hmmm..... . The reporting is biased for a start. If the cops are clever enough to get away with allegedly murdering someone in a cell why would be thick enough to screech up in loads of cars in broad daylight in full view of an entire street (with a large population density) and start kicking the shit out of pregnant women?

I'm not saying these allegations are not true, if they are proved I would certainly deem these actions to be an utter disgrace, but we have not been shown enough evidence to believe this as gospel yet. Medical evidence of these injuries would back up the allegations.

Given precendent these latest events would seem completely in character with the actions of the cops. And yeah, Summerhill Parade is a fairly compact or high density area - and like many others where with cop cars are screeching around you tend to draw an audience fast. Of course the reporting is biased, but it hardly claims to be objective now does it, you can't blame it for making a claim it never did. And so what, given the lack of coverage this case has recieved, abit of in your face sensationalism is needed to make up the odds.

http://www.indymedia.ie/article/75034

Antrophe said:
http://www.thumped.com/bbs/http://www.thumped.com/bbs/Of course the reporting is biased.
but it hardly claims to be objective now does it
long-winded discussions about objectivity aside, silly rhetorical questions aren't very effective argumentative devices. What is your point? That there should be no attempt at a balanced or unbiased point of view, and that such an ambition is of no value?

Antrophe said:
you can't blame it for making a claim it never did.
Pardon?
Antrophe said:
And so what, given the lack of coverage this case has recieved, abit of in your face sensationalism is needed to make up the odds.
No, it isn't. I'd like to know what happened. I'd like to hear it from a source which is making a reasonable effort to be objective and unbiased, based on the information it has. Perhaps my expectations are a little high, but I like to start out with the bar set a little higher than indymedia, if at all possible. Being angry and shouty and sensationalist is not helping; there are people who are put off by this approach (...)

I just want to know what happened. Could someone who is not mad or an idiot please tell me?

Antrophe said:
Given precendent these latest events would seem completely in character with the actions of the cops.
Possibly, I wouldn't rule it out but I'd like some hard evidence before making up my mind.

One could argue that given precendent, suicide was "in character" with Wheelock - his brother killed himself so there is a family history of it.

Antrophe said:
Of course the reporting is biased, but it hardly claims to be objective now does it, you can't blame it for making a claim it never did. And so what, given the lack of coverage this case has recieved, abit of in your face sensationalism is needed to make up the odds.

Such reporting tends to make people scoff at such allegations though, thus taking away from the importance of these allegations.

If you are referring to the lack of coverage of the Wheelock death in custody, it has actually been covered on RTE News on TV and Radio, plenty of other radio stations, Village Magazine etc.

Well why don't you both wait around for the mainstream media to pick up on it then in another few weeks, months or years? Or maybe you can read about it in the independent investigation whenever that occurs. Unfortunately with cases like this, thats exactly the situation that occurs. Will it take an action by the Wheelocks against the Guards for this to be reported over a year later in the press? Thanks to Indymedia, we now know that something happened. If anything for the family at least, it means the cops also know that a large section of people know and that ears are pricked. However biased the report is, surely you can make your own judgements on the back of something where a named individual puts him self out there and in an article that is largely attributed to him in qoutation marks makes very grave occasions against local Guards. You want a more creditable source, but as people on Indymedia have been saying, if you are looking for creditable reporting I hope you aren't dependent on any of those papers from the Hearld, Sindo, Indo and Irish Times which regularly build articles the annonymous "a source in...." method of journalism

Village carried a story on this today, or so my mate was saying. Two page spread it seems, I hear its got witnesses.

Justice for Terence Wheelock Protest

Please Support the Family's Campaign for Justice
Justice for Terence Wheelock
Protest at Store Street Garda Station
Saturday 3rd June
Meet at 12:00am at Sean McDermot Street Church
On the anniversary of the arrest of Terence, his family are holding a peaceful protest outside Store Street Garda Station. This was the station were Terence suffered the injuries which resulted in his death.

Terence Wheelock, a 20 year old young man from north inner city Dublin, died on the 16th September from injuries received in Garda custody. Terence was arrested with three others on suspicion of stealing a car and taken to Store St Garda station. Two hours later he was found unconscious in his cell.
Gardai claim that he tried to hang himself but his family say that he wouldn’t have committed suicide and he had an alibi accounting for his movements at the time the car was stolen. A senior Garda who spent 15 years working in Store Street station has been appointed to conduct an internal inquiry into the circumstances of Terence’s death. The family have no faith
in such an enquiry. They are calling for an Independent Public Enquiry into Terence’s death. If the Gardai and the Minister for Justice have nothing to hide why will they not agree to this Independent Public Enquiry?

WHY?

• Why was the cell where Terence died renovated before his legal team could inspect it?
• Why will the Garda not give his solicitor access to his clothes?
• Why did Terence have a cut and bruising on his body?
• Why will the Garda not give his solicitor access to the internal Garda report?
• Why haven’t his legal team had access to the post-mortem report?
• Why does his legal team have to go to the High Court to get access to all of the above?

If you want anymore information phone: 086-0692541
or email: [email protected]

Antrophe said:
Given precendent these latest events would seem completely in character with the actions of the cops. And yeah, Summerhill Parade is a fairly compact or high density area - and like many others where with cop cars are screeching around you tend to draw an audience fast.
This is very true, I work in this area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back