CONWAY SAVAGE (Bad Seeds) new album and Irish tour - August (1 Viewer)

Deaglan

Website
www.goodluckski.com
“Bad seed” Conway Savage announces Crawdadddy gig this August 8th to celebrate the release of his Live In Ireland album this autumn.

The extraordinary live album was recorded in The Glens Centre in Manorhamilton on 18th October 2008, and its launch will be marked by a special 5-venue Irish tour this August.

Savage has been pianist and sometimes vocalist with the wonderful Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds for the past 20 years. During that time he has also quietly released his own three superb critically acclaimed solo albums, plus a collection of rarities and live performances.

Conway and band will be joined at Crawdaddy by special guest Mark Corcoran. Tickets on sale now.

POD presents

CONWAY SAVAGE
(OF THE BAD SEEDS)

Saturday August 8th

CrawDaddy – Harcourt St – Dublin 2.
Doors – 8pm

Tickets €12/15 available from Ticketmaster, City Discs, Sound Cellar and usual outlets. www.ticketmaster.ie

www.myspace.com/conwaysavage

CONWAY SAVAGE BIOG

Conway Savage is best known as keyboard/piano player with Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, having joined them for the ‘Good Son’ tour in 1990 and has been a key member since then, contributing to celebrated albums such as ‘Murder Ballads’, ‘The Boatman’s Call’ and ‘Abattoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpheus’.
He is also a highly respected solo artist and has released several recordings over the last 15 years, from his debut EP (1993), to his collaboration with Australian singer/songwriter Suzie Higgie on ‘Soon Will be Tomorrow’ (1998) to his first solo album proper ‘Nothing Broken’ (2000) featuring Mick Harvey and Martyn Casey, to ‘Wrong Man’s Hands’ (2004), ‘Rare Songs & Performances’ (2005) & ‘Quickie for Ducky’ (2007).

Conway has worked with everyone you can think of from the Australian music scene including Robert Forster (The Go-Betweens) and David McComb (The Triffids).
Conway follows in the great tradition of musicians who take their inspiration from country music, and like his heroes Townes Van Zandt, Guy Clark and Willie Nelson, Conway has that rare ability to inhabit a song completely, making his live shows intimate and memorable. He is a singer with subtlety, emotion, respect and a deep understanding of the song, his accompaniments are in total sympathy with what he’s singing about. This quality is exemplified in his versions of Jim Yamouridis’ ‘The Cross’ and the traditional song ‘Fair and Tender Ladies’. As the man himself tells it:
“(with) ‘Fair and Tender Ladies’, any time I play a gig anywhere, I can play that and just close my eyes and know I’m gonna feel really good and set the scene for myself. It’s like breathing for me now to do that song, where you can let yourself stop thinking about being onstage.”

Conway will be releasing a live album to coincide with his Irish tour this August. Entitiled ‘Live In Ireland’, this wonderful album was recorded in The Glens Centre Manorhamilton in October ’08 and mixed later by Derek Turner at Tumbleweed Studios. He will be joined on tour by his band Amanda Fox (keyboard/vocal/accordion) and Robert Tickner (guitar/vocal). Special guest for the tour will be Mark Corcoran.

August tour dates
Thu 6th The Glens Centre, Manorhamilton Tickets €15 www.theglenscentre.com
Fri 7th Roisin Dubh, Galway Tickets €15 www.roisindubh.net
Sat 8th Crawdaddy ,Dublin Tickets €12 standing €15 seated www.pod.ie
Thu 13th Spirit Store, Dundalk Tickets €15 www.spiritstore.ie
Fri 14th Black Box Belfast Tickets £12 www.blackboxbelfast.com

You can hear selections of his work on:
www.myspace.com/conwaysavage

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back