contraception (5 Viewers)

i didn't know that. that would kind of take the fun out of the whole thing, you wouldn't be able to tell the cum from the mucous.

i know at least one childless (as far as i know! maybe she has an entire secret family!) woman here who has a copper coil. i must ask her where she got it.

(bargaintown! hector greys!)

the main fear with iuds and childless women, afaik, is that it makes it more likely that any infections will get into the inner workings of your lady bits, and infections in yer tubes can leave you infertile (i'm not sure how this isn't a problem if you already have a child - what if you wanted more?). it's apparently not as big a risk as it used to be, though, and they deffo recommend the hormonal one to the childless (it was recommended to me, for instance).

those coils are expensive too aren't they?

any blokes here got the snip? or even consider it?
I've considered it. on one hand it seems like a champion idea. I can't see myself wanting more that one kid. but then, I didn't think I even wanted one in the first place, and I'm glad I do. considering there's no guarantee that it can be reversed successfully, it's a bit of a decision... if I didn't strongly suspect that the missus will turn around in a year or two and demand more I'd probably go for it. sn-n-n-ip!!!

i know at least one childless (as far as i know! maybe she has an entire secret family!) woman here who has a copper coil. i must ask her where she got it.

(bargaintown! hector greys!)

the main fear with iuds and childless women, afaik, is that it makes it more likely that any infections will get into the inner workings of your lady bits, and infections in yer tubes can leave you infertile (i'm not sure how this isn't a problem if you already have a child - what if you wanted more?). it's apparently not as big a risk as it used to be, though, and they deffo recommend the hormonal one to the childless (it was recommended to me, for instance).
think it's time for the second wave of mass exodus to britain, no-questions coils and abortions for all!
there's no bother at all about childless women getting IUD here, except that it might mean the insertion will be more painful. there seems to be a lot of bullshit and outdated ideas surrounding IUDs.
i don't see how the risks associated with the hormonal one could be less than with copper - wouldn't both have the same risk of introducing infection?

the main reason the copper coil isnt offered to childless women is because after having a child the cervix will remain a cm or so open, making it less painfull and easier to install.
a well woman clinic should have no problem fitting one, even if you havent had kids. if you explain that you've done your research and are fine with it lasting about 5 yrs they'll do it for you.
the doc'll give you something to take before getting the IUD, a smear test is more uncomfortable.
here's a price list, i know it sounds a lot but it lasts about 5 yrs (depending on the type).

http://www.wellwomancentre.ie/medical.html

They do Vasectomy Operations too.

the main reason the copper coil isnt offered to childless women is because after having a child the cervix will remain a cm or so open, making it less painfull and easier to install.
a well woman clinic should have no problem fitting one, even if you havent had kids. if you explain that you've done your research and are fine with it lasting about 5 yrs they'll do it for you.
the doc'll give you something to take before getting the IUD, a smear test is more uncomfortable.
here's a price list, i know it sounds a lot but it lasts about 5 yrs (depending on the type).

http://www.wellwomancentre.ie/medical.html

They do Vasectomy Operations too.

Odd as, that's where I went. Maybe it was the five year thing and me being childless in my 30's? My options were laid out as diaphragm and condom combo. That's it. So it's, "oh, I'll be right back," 40 minutes (of fumbling, poking an prodding in confusion) later... "okay I'm ready now." Fuck sake. A joke, like.

And it makes your jizz jazz totally clear and there's something really fucked up about that.
I'm a man. My cum is white. That's that.

I did not know that. Is this fact?

It's something I'd consider. But like the man said, I don't want a third kid but I didn't even want one 10 years ago and I'm nuts for them now.

The doc said that the colour can change for months and even years after the
operation, not to mention the possible pain and depression afterwards.
He was really selling it to me.

well it is offered, just not by certain quacks. it caused me no pain at all.

the vas deferens of a healthy, childless 20something chap like myself
for the exact reason that you're not even close to being guaranteed
of having your balls working again.
And it makes your jizz jazz totally clear and there's something really
fucked up about that.
I'm a man. My cum is white. That's that.

I did not know that. Is this fact?

It's something I'd consider. But like the man said, I don't want a third kid but I didn't even want one 10 years ago and I'm nuts for them now.

The doc said that the colour can change for months and even years after the
operation, not to mention the possible pain and depression afterwards.
He was really selling it to me.

could one not prepare some samples to be frozen for potential future use if one was to get the snip?

l
icepopkit.jpg

Maybe you have a larger cervix?
the doctor said it was quite small, in fact; she wasn't sure if the fitting would work. i don't know what the standard Cu coil is in ireland, i'd imagine it's the same as britain though (Nova T380); but in the US the standard coil is bigger than the Nova T380 so that might explain why most of the stories you hear say it was painful.
the doctor did say that usually patients make a much bigger fuss about it and some even faint with pain, so i think it's just that it's really variable from person to person. i have short and light periods with barely any cramping which makes me a good candidate for the copper coil so maybe there is something arbitrary about how i'm set up that just makes me less susceptible to uterine pain.

When you look at the stats, the odds of conceiving a number of
healthy children after a vasectomy and sperm ice pop combo
versus any one of the many implants, hormonal treatments or
devices available to women... there's just no contest.

Women can moan that they have to do the work but when your
chances of conception drop a good 30-50% on a best case
scenario, you'd have to be a total kid hater to go for it (or totally
pussy whipped) if you have no kids.

You might be able to squeeze a kid out of your ice jizz Tangle
Twister, but as we all know - only-children are fucking ball bags.
No child of mine will be walking the earth thinking they're the
fucking shit without another child of mine slapping some reality
into them.

Nooly: I can't believe you're trying to convince Thumped that the
Doc told you that you've got a tight vadge.

Nooly: I can't believe you're trying to convince Thumped that the
Doc told you that you've got a tight vadge.
oh no, i've got a massive vag, just a small cervix. the reason she could be so sure about it was that my slack flaps let her have a really good look at my womb.

Women can moan that they have to do the work but when your
chances of conception drop a good 30-50% on a best case
scenario, you'd have to be a total kid hater to go for it (or totally
pussy whipped) if you have no kids.
maybe, a pierced uterus or pelvic inflammatory disease can be kind of a dampener for fertility though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back