contraception (1 Viewer)

I'm considering getting an implant since the pill I usually take is almost completely unavailable now and the new one my doctor put me on is turning me into a crazy person but honestly, I'm so terrified of getting it done. I already have a hardcore needle phobia and the idea of upping that and having something match-sized going into my arm just makes me want to vomit and faint and then vomit again on my comatose body. Has anyone here actually had it done and is it as painful and awful as I'm imagining?

Sort of in a toss up between that and the IUD which freaks me out only a little bit less (I'm allergic to copper though so that one is already off the table)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This was v helpful! My fear is eradicated.

And no, I can't go to copper face jacks. I am definitely allergic to that.

Don't you know that these contraceptives are all part of a plan by globalists to replace our native population with cheaper imported labour for their manufactories? I'm not sure if Jim Corr knows about this.

jonah You might want to rethink the implantation, it's not painful to get it in (your arm will be numbed) but there are lots of side effects like heavier bleeding, stronger cramps and mood swings. Everyone's different so there's no way to know how it'll be until you get it. Doctors are reported a high % of people asking to get the implant taken out early.

I've been told you can't get the IUD in Ireland unless you've had a child but you can in other countries and it's one of the most popular forms of contraception in Sweden. If you want a contraception that'll work as well as sterilization and lasts for 5 years then it's ideal. Like the implant, because it's a constant release of hormones, you cant know how your body will react until it's done. Some women have heavier periods and some have none at all for the whole 5 years. A few people I know complained of back pain but they're eh big ladies, so I dont know if that's the reason. It's not very comfortable to get done but if you've had a smear test (if you haven't you can ask for it to be done at the same time as this).

If these don't sound ok there's still the patch; like a nicotine patch that you put on your skin and it releases hormones into your blood stream that way.
The injection; injection your doctor gives you (can remember if it's every month or 3 months) but most wont give it if you've suffered with depression in the past as it could trigger it again.
The ring (nuvaring); it's a ring you put in and lasts for 3 weeks then you take it out for one. It works in the same way as the pill and the patch but you can put it in and forget about it for the month.

The diaphragm is fairly useless so dont bother.
I'm sure there's more but I cant think of them now.
Oh yeah, obviously they all only protect against pregnancy and none of the other STIs so condom or femdom are still a must.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back