conference posters (1 Viewer)

daydream_nation

Website
Visit site
hey
i dont know if this should be in home publishing?? but anyway. you know the whole poster presentation at a conference thing? how do you lay it out and get it printed etc? any advice welcome.

thanks noodles caboodles.
ill try figure it out in powerpoint. do you just make up slides and then they arrange them on the page or something? melt like..

no, you use a single slide as the whole poster, and change the dimensions in page setup, e.g. A0 is 84.1 x 118.9 cm i think, and make it portrait or landscape etc. then put in text boxes and pictures, background image if you want (format>background>choose fill effects from drop-down menu>picture tab>select picture)

here's a screenshot of an example i made because it beats doing real work:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4073/4909543905_6f427020ce_o.jpg

Hey Kimbob,

ddmurph's made nerd conference posters before, way back before he started wearing black jeans and grew a beard. Have a cha cha chat with him about it if you like. He's got a boner for layout too so would be good for advice.

thanks dudes
perils of having a mac. keynote is a bit shit for these things. gonna try some open source publishing software but all that layout info is great to have, cheers.
may be calling on ddmurph's skillz yet! and gotta go through my emails and check which study i said id present. if its a qualitative on therell be no pictures. maybe ill stick a massive brain in the middle of it or something

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back