Computer Monitor Recommendation (1 Viewer)

tripoli

I am currently using a 12" G4 Powerbook and the screen is too small for photo editing and web design. I would like to add a very reasonable computer monitor with decent resolution and am not too pushed about a brand, the price is more important!

Any recommendations?

Cheers.

I am currently using a 12" G4 Powerbook and the screen is too small for photo editing and web design. I would like to add a very reasonable computer monitor with decent resolution and am not too pushed about a brand, the price is more important!

Any recommendations?

Cheers.

all i'll say is if you're going widescreen, don't get anything smaller than 20" - 1680x1050 should be the absolute minimum resolution you go for.

Any recommendations?

Cheers.
Cheapest around would be Jaguar.
http://www.jaguarcompsys.ie/ If you decide to purchase from them just turn up at the door ( pretending your trade, they don't give a fuck anyways :) they moved to blanch just recently.

Everyone's said this, but go get em for free Tripoli. My new PC, (which I'm getting tonight!!!!) will come without a screen. The price of them like. I have a fairly crappy CRT now with the laptop, so I'll keep my eyes open for a better one and also a flatscreen thing of some sort, I'll look into it more later, but they'll be free free free!

Thanks for the advice. If I cannot afford a 20+ inch or cannot source a free monitor could someone recommend a reasonable 17" / 19" LCD monitor even?

Like should i buy Samsung, Dell....

As far as I know, the actual insides, like the actual LCD of almost all flat panel monitors in the world come from one of two factories in Taiwan.
This might have changed over the last couple of years, but I am fairly sure it was at least true a while back.

That means, that buying Apple, or Toshiba etc, or some "expensive" make is pointless, they all use the same guts, just different branding/ packaging. So, if you find a monitor that you really like, or have heard great reviews, you should get the exact specs of the LCD, and see what other manufactures use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back