Comprehensive List Of Bands I Wish I'd Seen Live But Now Never Will (1 Viewer)

I'd say there's plenty of people in Ireland who've seen them both a good number of times. Ha!

I wanted to see Thin Lizzy on the farewell tour but was too young to be allowed. And when Rory Gallagher played belfast I'd not heard him and thought he would have been rubbish. (in all fairness though,I'm not sure how much I would have got it then,but could have been swept up in it)

James Brown - I baulked at the ticket price for his Olympia gig, he was dead not long after.
Nina Simone - I baulked at the price of her gig in The Point, she was dead not long after.

I'm definitely going to Neil Young this weekend.

A friend of mine said that nina simone gig was shite - I hope that's some consolation to you

that's not a crime, is it?
Not if you're famous enough. Pat Kenny and Gerry Ryan took turns shooting me when I was 10, it hurt but what could you do, they were famous and I wasn't. They were always up to shit like that. Gay Byrne had a "Duck Hunt" style shooting range where members of the Artane boys band held inductions. There would be Gaybo firing shots off at the young whipper snappers legging it around dressed as ducks, naked from the waist down as nature intended. Charlie Haughy would shout encouragement and abuse at them as they went. A young Robbie Keane was shot very badly by Peter O Tool, he swore revenge actually. Some say Keane made a pact with the devil and when he scores his 80th goal for Ireland O Toole will be reincarnated as Twinks gee.

True Story*

*Story may not be 100% accurate

I'm really sorry I didn't go to see Bo Diddley in Dublin

A big regret was going to see Nuclear Assault instead of a Ramones / Blondie double header

was a shame that both times the MC5/DTK line up were meant to play dublin the gigs were cancelled.

at 14 i hadnt heard the ramones so missed them in the point in 96 :-(

The Theatre of Eternal Music
The Velvet Underground circa 65-66
Throbbing Gristle at any stage during their first go round (though I wouldn't have minded seeing the reunions either)
John Coltrane Quartet
Kyuss

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back