Comprehensive List Of Bands I Wish I'd Seen Live But Now Never Will (2 Viewers)

Hey .. I saw Danzig supporting Metallica in the Top Hat. It was pretty awful I think. But then if it was amazing I probably would have thought it was pretty awful anyway.

Ludichrist -
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

or maybe i will...

Botch:(

Nirvana, although anyone I know that saw their gig in the Point said they were awful.
I would like to have seen Marilyn Manson around the time of Mechanical Animals because it looks like he used to put on a deadly show, and not the bloated, mumbling, alcoholic mess he is nowadays.

Nirvana, although anyone I know that saw their gig in the Point said they were awful.
I would like to have seen Marilyn Manson around the time of Mechanical Animals because it looks like he used to put on a deadly show, and not the bloated, mumbling, alcoholic mess he is nowadays.

What was his first album? I saw him open for NIN in 1994(?) and was front and centre. I had only heard one song and wasn't impressed nor were my friends. Everyone was standing but we sat down. It drove him absolutely mad. He kept singing directly to us. Then they had a chick on stage saying they had picked her up hitchhiking but it turned out to be a deaf girl in my photo class in college. She saw me and after the show grabbed me and told me to come back to the party. I really should have gone to it. Kicking myself now. The stories I could have! She ened up on Howard Stern too, I should hunt that interview down.

ETA: Ha! http://www.mansonwiki.com/wiki/Adina_Slotsky

woah.
The band proceeded to cover Slotsky in a variety of uncooked meats they had collected earlier that day, which Manson describes as "one half hour of pure meat cavorting"...

Afterwards, Slotsky wanted to take a shower to wash off the "meat slime and assorted body fluids." In light of this, Manson reports asking if he and Twiggy could urinate on her, which she purportedly condoned, granted that they kept away from her eyes and boots. During this however, Twiggy did not aim properly and splashed her in the face. Manson explains "that was when everyone else in the room completely shut down and realized things had gone too far."[4] While Slotsky was left to shower, then-guitarist Scott Putesky, better known as Daisy Berkowitz, returned to the studio. The group did not inform him what happened shortly before, but instead directed him to join Slotsky in the shower. Manson recalls, "The water hadn't really rinsed her off yet, and he started making out with her where urine had just been on her lips [...] If he knew that she was covered in urine, he probably wouldn't have cared anyway."
That coulda been you!

JESUS.

What was his first album? I saw him open for NIN in 1994(?) and was front and centre. I had only heard one song and wasn't impressed nor were my friends. Everyone was standing but we sat down. It drove him absolutely mad. He kept singing directly to us. Then they had a chick on stage saying they had picked her up hitchhiking but it turned out to be a deaf girl in my photo class in college. She saw me and after the show grabbed me and told me to come back to the party. I really should have gone to it. Kicking myself now. The stories I could have! She ened up on Howard Stern too, I should hunt that interview down.

ETA: Ha! http://www.mansonwiki.com/wiki/Adina_Slotsky

No way! I remember reading about that before. His first album was Portrait of an American Family and it's shitter than his other stuff.

Probably a good thing you gave that party a miss in a way

James Brown - I baulked at the ticket price for his Olympia gig, he was dead not long after.
Nina Simone - I baulked at the price of her gig in The Point, she was dead not long after.

I'm definitely going to Neil Young this weekend.

True story: a mate of mine who's not really that big into music thought yr man on the radio was advertising a gig for Neil Young and Crazy Hoors

I was listening to Lotion this morning and thinking - I really wish I'd gotten to see them... :-(

though according to youtube they are playing shows again :)

Yaaay

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back