Communion parties (1 Viewer)

Reets

Supporter
Solutions
Had to go to three of them over the weekend.
One of the parents at Eve's school said she's booked a reception room for her son's one already (they're not making it till next year).
Do people not do visits anymore?

Really? Guess I missed the newsletter.

went to one in my cousins, was well cool, barbeque, beers and a trampoline.

Exact same as my nephews one on Saturday,minus the bouncy castle.Got absolutely mouldy drunk at my bro's expense.Proper order considering the size of the fucking dropsies yer expected to make to the communicant.

In my day (1988), you visited all your relations picking up tenners and finished the day with a chicken cordon bleu in Joel's in the company of your immediate family.
True meaning now lost, etc.

Yeah a fiftyer is the going rate.Its a bit rich.Especially considering the whole jesus thing is codswallop.

We went to a communion party on saturday - was actually a pleasant enough day. I gave €20.
Yeah, I though it's 10 for a neighbour and 20 if it's family.
50 euro is an insane amount to give!

Mine was over 30 years ago. I got 1 pound. Everyone in my class laughed at me, and I didn't know why.

Yeah,whats that Gambra fella banging on about?!

The whippersnapper.

I have a picture of me,must route it out.Red velvet suit with a dicky and ruffles.Some of us just have it like that.

Was at one last weekend. Me and the missus gave €20 and a pair of earrings. Bottle of wine for the parents. I thought it was a bit much but the missus said it wasn't. They had food, beer and a bouncy castle. I got my moneys worth anyway.

Yeah in my day (1989) it was visit family, Captain Americas and then to a shop to spend my money (which wasn't all that much).

Kids these days......

i heard of a kid last year who arrived at the church in a horse drawn carraige.
That happened at my cousins communion in ballyfermot (the cindrella one jordan used), her train was so long that her little brother had to carry it.
She had fake tan, hair extensions and false nails, so did most of the other girls.

It all seems very lazy to me not doing visits. Getting people to call round to your gaff to give your kid 50 quid for believing in a fairytale is pretty cheeky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back