Commodore 64 (1 Viewer)

Alan Remorse

balls to yer amiga, this is where its at

my fave games on this shitebox were Rambo 3 and Platoon.

but curse those slow-loading cassettes! curse them i say.

commodore_64.jpg

if yours was white you were a fucking blow in

beige + brown = old school

the first issue of Zzap64! came out 20 years ago - i remember buying it in that newsagent on the corner of henry street & o'connell street, just past the GPO, and nearly wetting myself when i found out Elite was coming out on the C64....

pete said:
the first issue of Zzap64! came out 20 years ago - i remember buying it in that newsagent on the corner of henry street & o'connell street, just past the GPO, and nearly wetting myself when i found out Elite was coming out on the C64....

Ay, I :heart:ed the C64. Started out on Dig Dug and Caterpillar, ended up on Dizzy down the Rapids and Bubble Bobble. Platoon was pretty deadly too.

But then again, I'm owney a nipper.

"Can't wait for this game to load, it's great!"
"Is it loaded yet?"
"Let's go play football"
(4 hours later)
"It's crashed..."

Ah, Rick Dangerous and other forgotten platformers, you were fickle ladies...

Rockstar Ate My Hamster - for the budding Robert Stevenson in all of us...

EDIT: Oh and pig in a poke motherfuckers. Never forget.

Here, what was the name of that game that came out right as the C64 was dying, with the dinosaur lad collecting stars. I remember the last thing i got before i sold mine as a demo of that.

Oh and fuckin creatures!! What a 'fiendish' game hahah.

I loved the first level of the Terminator 2 game. headbutting the shit outta the T1000. class.

Platoon ruled!
Tracksuit manager!
Was it Player of the Year where you got the move explained to you on a chalkboard and you then had to 'perform' it in a 'match'. Damn that was shit.
What was that game where you got to play space invaders while the 'real' game loaded? Damn, that ruled.

Alan Remorse said:
yeah but the second level when youre riding the motorbike was total shitdom

ya big time. I used to gun the bike into a wall just to start the first level over.

nlgbbbblth said:
I wrote a Football Manager programme for the ZX81 that was printed in ZX Computing. 1983.

REALLY?!?

c64.com is amazing, but why do they never update it? I dunno, you tell me why.

Forbidden Forest, Trailblazer, Spellbound, Nodes of Yesod, Feud - loadsa crazy games. Just so much imagination in such limited circumstances. Your mind kind of fills in the blanks.

portrid said:
REALLY?!?

c64.com is amazing, but why do they never update it? I dunno, you tell me why.

Forbidden Forest, Trailblazer, Spellbound, Nodes of Yesod, Feud - loadsa crazy games. Just so much imagination in such limited circumstances. Your mind kind of fills in the blanks.

VIC20s were the mutts...The epileptic fits you could get off those loading screens were worth the money alone :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back