Comic Book Advice... (2 Viewers)

dislexik_pnuk said:
whats the best sandman one to get - the only one i read was
Season of mist which i thought was deadly. I hear their all really different from each other.
Best bet is to read all of them because there is an ongoing story there- (with a very sad ending!)The final book is called The Wake -so I'm not giving much away there:)
Preludes and Nocturnes is a good standalone one to read

Ive heard some libraries have graphic novels these days, might be worth checking

sandman: what johnnystress said, your best bet is to read them all to get the overall story arc but also cos they vary in tone and look so much. season's of mist is one of the best ones, the 2nd last book the kindly ones is pretty amazing, probably my favourite artwork & style. The artwork in the Wake (the last book) is beautiful, very sad story

the only gaiman novel i've read is coraline which is i thought was brilliant - very freaky yet endearing childrens fantasy.

if you like alan moore the league of extraordinary gentlemen is well worth checking out -- series one and two are both deadly
from hell is well worth a look too, i only came across it when it appeared in graphic novel form, amazing artwork by eddie campbell and meticulously researched story by moore
fuck the films on both counts

favourite graphic novel ever is the killing joke -- story by alan moore artwork by brian bolland (who did a lot of dredd stuff)

late 80's dark horse is where its at too
first three aliens series
alien vs predator
comic adaptation of the thing

also back to 2000ad -- Slaine - the horned god was fucking unreal

best graphic novels that are out there currently in my opinion are the hellboy ones. nothing can touch them as far as storylines art and originality

the new mcsweeneys book is amazing. it's a big hard back book with fold out cover curated by chris ware and has lots of amazing stuff on the history of american comics along with loads of new stuff by dan clowes, ware, seth and lots more. well worth 25 quids.

george mcfly said:
if you like alan moore the league of extraordinary gentlemen is well worth checking out -- series one and two are both deadly
from hell is well worth a look too, i only came across it when it appeared in graphic novel form, amazing artwork by eddie campbell and meticulously researched story by moore

favourite graphic novel ever is the killing joke -- story by alan moore artwork by brian bolland (who did a lot of dredd stuff)

late 80's dark horse is where its at too
first three aliens series
alien vs predator
comic adaptation of the thing

also back to 2000ad -- Slaine - the horned god was fucking unreal
Yeah , Killing Joke was excellent ..brian bolland rocks big time , what about Frank Miller ?Dark Knight Returns and Sin City was cool . Used to be big into 2000Ad way back when..picked it up recently for a look -the artwork has gone to the dogs man.
I remember when I first saw Simon Bizleys stuff -ABC Warriors I think ,he practically started a revolution in comic art ...and a bunch of crap imitators as well,
Anyone read Accident Man or remember the Diceman series in 2000Ad?
I've been trying to track down an issue of Diceman with Dredd and the Dark Judges ??cant find it anywhere but the artist was Bryan Talbot?>

Krocapile said:
Yeah , Killing Joke was excellent ..brian bolland rocks big time , what about Frank Miller ?Dark Knight Returns and Sin City was cool . Used to be big into 2000Ad way back when..picked it up recently for a look -the artwork has gone to the dogs man.
I remember when I first saw Simon Bizleys stuff -ABC Warriors I think ,he practically started a revolution in comic art ...and a bunch of crap imitators as well,
I've been trying to track down an issue of Diceman with Dredd and the Dark Judges ??cant find it anywhere but the artist was Bryan Talbot?>
This the Diceman stuff you were looking for?
http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79/diceman/dice_man.htm

The guy who drew Accident Man ( in Toxic) and Chopper in the Megazine died this year- he was only a young fella too- sad

george mcfly said:
Deadly! Just started reading from hell last night! so far so good...

The guy who drew Accident Man ( in Toxic) and Chopper in the Megazine died this year- he was only a young fella too- sad[/QUOTE]

which chap was that?! do you know his name?

frank miller is pretty deadly -- dark knight returns is good, but i always felt that the flow of the artwork in it was restricted by having too much text. in saying that it's still pretty cool
but i much prefer batman - year one -- frank miller again

his original script for robocop 2 was supposed to be unreal

Krocapile said:

johnnystress said:
This the Diceman stuff you were looking for?
http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79/diceman/dice_man.htm

The guy who drew Accident Man ( in Toxic) and Chopper in the Megazine died this year- he was only a young fella too- sad
Cheers Johnny ! Thats the one alright wow..I was hoping for some pictures at best ..never expected to be able to actually play the game online..how cool is that ? Too bad about Martin Emond ..he also did the artwork for White Trash I think. Also Duke Mighten took over Accident man in later episodes very good also.
MCFly did you not think robo 2 was any good ?Gotta love Robo Caine and that gatling gun :)

here boy!

alsatian.jpg

Krocapile said:
MCFly did you not think robo 2 was any good ?Gotta love Robo Caine and that gatling gun :)
i like robocop 2 a lot but i thought it was a bit disappointing

but how can you top the scene where the guy with one arm from ER crashes his van into the vat of toxic waste in part one

george mcfly said:
i like robocop 2 a lot but i thought it was a bit disappointing

but how can you top the scene where the guy with one arm from ER crashes his van into the vat of toxic waste in part one
they always cut that scene out whenever UTV showed it

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back