• Thread starter RSJ
  • Start date
  • Replies 18
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 1

RSJ

Website
www.gravelbox.net
Anyone up for putting them on? I seen on myspace that they have a european tour in november, sent them a message asking if there was room for irish dates in there, and got the following back

if you you were a promoter you'd have to hit up [email protected] if not, sorry man, I wish, I wanna see Ireland really bad

take care
scott

Anyone want to follow it up? The tour is them and bane. I'd do it myself but it'd be a bit of an undertaking for a first gig !ninjaaaa

Ì'm on the promoter list for Avocado alright and i put in an offer for Comeback Kid/Bane alright but i would'nt be able to guarantee them enough if they were only coming over for one show. I said if they were coming to Ireland for a few gigs i'd put them on and give em whatever came in at the door.

Just in case you dont know how Avocado work here is an e-mail i got recently. They are nearly always the same except for the amount of people travelling. I have only done one show for them and that was Darkest Hour/Dawncore a few years back. They sent out a contract with rider requests and everything.

""""Dear Promoters,

We are proud to announce this awesome package tour for Europe: COMEBACK KID + BANE.

BANE
(USA – Equal Vision Records)
http://www.banecentral.com
http://www.equalvision.com

COMEBACK KID
(USA – Victory Records)
http://www.comeback-kid.com
http://www.victoryrecords.com

PERIOD:
October 31st – November 22nd, 2005

DETAILS:
(All these points form a part of the contract / deal we might enter into with you and will be considered the basis of our individual deal! Unless different gets explicitly agreed on in writing)

Total of people traveling: 13-15 people

Accommodation:
Either Hotel ( at promoters expense) or Nightiner Tour
In case this is going to be a Bus tour we will ask for an additional 400 Euro / 280 GBP Hotel (night liner) buyout on top of the bands fee! We will also need an overnight bus parking spot (with a landline!)

Catering: for 13-15 people according to rider (sandwiches etc upon get in plus hot meal and drinks)
Backline: The band will bring their own backline, which can not be used by the opening bands!
Tech rider: Info will soon follow. Expect the usual ... All local crew ( sound , lighting etc ) has to be provided by promoter.

PROMOTION

Posters and other promo will be provided
Will be for free (Packages within Germany will be send fright collect (Nachname)
CD´s will be shipped with the posters (for free)

Advertising
we will collect a national »ad contribution« of 100 GBP (UK only!!) on top of the bands fee (payable to Avocado, not the band)

Flyers:
will be printed by us and distributed through our usual channels ( other touring bands, street teams etc), Promoters will be shipped a bunch along w/ the posters, please place at venue.

In case you are interested in doing a show for BANE / COMEBACK KID, please get back to us asap with your available dates and your offer.

All the best"""

Well the thing about it is, if that is the period over which they're booking, the tour's already full. I emailed that guy anyways and asked if it would be possible to stick on some irish gigs at the end, suggesting maybe galway/dub/belfast/cork or whatever, if they're willing to add on dates to the end (tour ends in france on the 22nd) and people are willing to put them on, maybe we could work something out.

I was talking to conor nelligan in cork, he puts on gigs under the name Rebel County Drunk Punx, done lagwagon/avail/flogging molly and more, said he's defo on for it. Anyone else for dublin/belfast maybe?

yeah ill investigate about putting on a dublin gig.....its true though every time i get an email from avocado its really off putting...anyway ill see what they say..

Ivonne from Avocado explained to me in an email about late 2002 that they weren't that keen on sending bands to Ireland after the fuck-up with DeadBlueSky. The gigs went ok but their van broke down, they had to cancel their remaining euro shows cos they were stuck here and Avocado lost a shit loada dosh flying DBS out of Dublin to Munich then back to the States. They said if it happened on euro mainland it wouldn't have been as big a deal but because they were " isolated" here they weren't keen sending many bands again.

here are the euro dates from their website

10/30/2005 - Karlsruhe, Germany @ Die Stadtmitte w/ BANE
11/1/2005 - Kontich, Germany @ Lintfabriek w/ BANE
11/2/2005 - NORWICH, United Kingdom @ The Ferry Boat w/ BANE
11/3/2005 - GLASGOW, United Kingdom @ King Tuts w/ BANE
11/4/2005 - United Kingdom @ The Corporation w/ BANE
11/5/2005 - Newport, United Kingdom @ TJ’S NIGHTCLUB w/ BANE
11/6/2005 - London, United Kingdom @ UNDERWORLD w/ BANE
11/7/2005 - Arnhem, Holland @ GOUDVISHAL w/ BANE
11/8/2005 - Bremen, Germany @ Wehrschloss w/ BANE
11/9/2005 - Linkoping, Sweden @ SKYLTEN w/ BANE
11/11/2005 - Berlin, Germany @ MAGNET w/ BANE
11/12/2005 - Leipzig, Germany @ CONNE ISLAND w/ BANE
11/13/2005 - VIENNA, Austria @ ARENA w/ BANE
11/14/2005 - Budapest, Hungary @ KULTIPLEX w/ BANE
11/16/2005 - Will, Switzerland @ REMISE w/ BANE
11/17/2005 - WANGEN @ JUGENDHAUS w/ BANE
11/19/2005 - NEVERS, France @ CAFE CHARBON w/ BANE
11/20/2005 - PARIS, France @ Le Batofar w/ BANE
11/21/2005 - Germany @ Matrix w/ BANE
11/22/2005 - Holland @ Patronaat w/ BANE

Yeah, those dates were set in stone about a month ago. Got back about ireland but there just wasn't room. Plus i think for the size of them, it would only have made sense to do one gig in dublin, so to do a few would have severely diluted the crowd.

brianMy Remorse said:
im tempted to go see this in the the UK.
i got onto Avacado before about trying to book Shai Hulud on the last tour but they never got back to me.

Theres an invasion force being assembled in Cork for the Paris and Nevers gigs Brian if you're up for it .|..|

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back