Colombia (1 Viewer)

Gabbo

Planning a 2 month trip down ol' South America way this summer. I am planning on flying into Caracas in Venezuela, then on to Colombia and Peru, and Ecuador and Bolivia. Anyone been to Bogotá by any chance. I've read some pretty dodgy stories about people getting violenly mugged and the like, and was wondering if anybody has had positive experiences, etc.

I haven't, so I don't really have much to say on the matter, but I've met a surprisingly large amount of people while I was in c. america who had, and they all said it's amazing. one guy in particular that I was hanging out for a while ended up down there and emailed me a loads going on about the place. cheap, folk are supposed to be generally dead on, good rum, not overriden with tourists etc. obviously there are parts of the country that are totally off bounds to tourists but that's no reason not to go... it's very high on my to-go list!

Ive been in Colombia the past month and its up there with the best South American countries ive been, not too many whiteys and people are mad friendly and so suprised when they see a gringo that they try take you out and show you the city n all. theyre all fascinated about Ireland and Europe and have better English than i thought, they also speak spanish really clearly which is great.

Started in Santa Marta-Taganga on the Carribean coast which is amazing lookin, then Cartegena which is probably more beautiful than Prague,then down to Medellin, Zona Cafateria and now Bogota, where its lashing rain hence me writing on thumped for the first time in a while.

Come here while its mad hot, itll be full of tourists in a few minutes. Its not dangerous if you have a brain in anyway

in Medellin at the mo and heading to Bogota and cartagena later in the next tow months. Cant recommend it enough, the food is cheap and delicious, Even the fast food. Fruit grows everywhere, there is such a huge variety and literally just picked off the trees. Everyone is super friendly and the temperature is perfect. between 22-27 degrees, the only advice i would give would be the same advice i´d give going anywhere. Watch your stuff and dont walk down any dark alleys alone, be smart and you´ll do fine ( here a week and havent gotten even a cross eye from anyone-also met this mountain fella who grows his own fruit/veg and hunts his meat)

mates of mine did a similar trip last year. they didnt get mugged, but they were robbed. they got on a bus and shortly after boarding some guy sprayed some stuff on people, which they were assuming was insect repellent. they woke up a few hours later minus phones, camera's and whatever was stealable. otherwise they had a great time.

Here´s a couple of things to watch out for

Dont keep your camera out in the open
Always get someone in a hotel to ring you a taxi

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back