cockroaches (1 Viewer)

centipedes give me the shivers even thinking about them. they move in such a creepy way, awkward but really quick. they were the only type of insect that i saw thai people actaully make a fuss about killing when i was over there. for that reason i thought they were really dangerous, but it's good to know they're not.

i was sick in thailand from a mosquito bite and i was bed ridden for about 10 days with a fever. there was a rat living in the wall of the shack. it used to only come out at night when you'd stopped moving about. it used to eat anything that was left about. one night when we thought we'd cleaned up properly it gnawed its way through my ex's rucksack for a couple of peanuts. then another night, it ate the crotch out of a pair of her knickers. :eek: fucked up.

centipedes give me the shivers even thinking about them. they move in such a creepy way, awkward but really quick. they were the only type of insect that i saw thai people actaully make a fuss about killing when i was over there. for that reason i thought they were really dangerous, but it's good to know they're not.

some catarpillars are highly venemous. The catarpillar of the lonomia moth (of south america - where else :rolleyes:) has deadly urticating hairs on its body.

A typical envenomation incident involves a person unknowingly leaning against, placing their hand on, or rubbing their arm against a group of these caterpillars that are gathered on the trunk of a tree. The effects of a dose from multiple caterpillars can be dramatic and severe, including massive internal hemorrhaging, kidney failure, and actual destruction of the blood itself (hemolysis). The resulting medical syndrome is sometimes called Lonomiasis.

actual destruction of the blood itself!!! :eek: I dont know which is worse - south america or australia.

I didn't realise there were cockroaches in Ireland...How can this be?? I thought it was too cold for them here.quote]

yeah sorry im in florida,and theyre bleeding everywhere.at first i was just under the impression they lived indoors but then i got stuck on a big bridge and realised theyre all over.then i thought they only came out at night but got up this morning and two of em ran at me within five minutes.yis reckon its bad form to kill em as a vegan?i usually just cower in a corner till my girlfriend gets rid of em....pathetic.

please dont.
but a few weeks ago i was just outta the shower, got my knickers on, and suddenly one crawled under the bedroom door.

and then i flipped out - in my knickers, and had a face off with the little fucker. things escalated WHEN HE BEGAN FLYING TOWARDS ME.

fucks sake. i was the victor in the end, but was visibly shaken. and still in my knickers. in the living room. and the curtains were open.

cockraches - assholes.

Awsome.

The only thing that stops me from freaking out over insects is their amazing design. Once the initial shock subsides, i get all David Bellamy on them and start chasing my girlfriend around the house tryong to show her stuff they can do.

Spiders=cool

Cockroaches= amazing, if not a lilttle gross.

Wasps= Cunts. Angry young men of the insect kingdom.

And as for rats, well. Lets not talk about rats.Hate rats. Anyone here a James Herbert fan at any point back in the day? Ehehhhhhwwww.....

PICT0212.jpg

Those squares were 6 inches across! Look a the length of those feelers :eek:

And here he is charging

PICT0210.jpg

And a quite large centipede with my brother's hand

PICT0099.jpg

Dude, Pete, could there be a creepy crawly warning system? Now, okay, I know I was basically asking for it because I persist in reading a thread that is called 'cockroaches', but I'm generally referring to spiders. Would you be able to create an option so that when someone posts a picture of a spider, there's a warning on the thread to protect those of us of a more delicate nature?

Pul-eazaaay. Seriously. Down with spiders. Other bugs, so long as they aren't poisonous, are less horrible.

Best insects ever are fireflies. So amazing. But it's not a good idea to catch them and put them in a jar to use as a bedside light-cum pet, even though Joni Mitchell told us to. Because they don't like it one bit. I also like nifty looking beetles and ladybirds and butterflies.

Best insects ever are fireflies. So amazing. But it's not a good idea to catch them and put them in a jar to use as a bedside light-cum pet, even though Joni Mitchell told us to. Because they don't like it one bit. I also like nifty looking beetles and ladybirds and butterflies.

i *heart* ladybirds aswell.

and i really love dragonflies. dragonflies mean summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back