cockroaches (2 Viewers)

I dont think ive ever seen a cockroach - i didnt even know they could fly. .

exhibit A:
cockroach.jpg

exhibit B:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

defo never seen one then thank goodness. your centipede-related ravings inspired me to look up wikipedia and there i found the solution to the original problem of how to get rid of cockroaches:

Wikipedia said:
The house centipede (Scutigera coleoptrata) is a fast-moving carnivore that feeds on insects such as cockroaches, house flies, and other small house pests, and is thus beneficial in nature.

although it does go on to say:

wikipedia said:
Though generally harmless to humans, its alarming appearance and painful bite (like a bee sting) result in its extermination from residences.

yeah, house centipedes are usually furry in appearence. the link to that foot long centipede is the type of critter i had in my house.

go on then

ugh it was horrible.
this was when i was living in a ground floor studio. now i'd had a fair few cockroaches so was used to dealing wiht them, but this one night i came home and was greeted by this huge centipede. it was about 4/5 inches in length and it fucking raced towards me! (they're very fast).

i managed to grab a broom and tried to hold it down but it wriggled away - and behinf the fucking oven.
so i had to remove the oven from its place in the kitchen counter and finally i say the thing. i grabbed the cockrach spray and killed it. i didnt sleep a wink that night, and moved out shortly after!

i suppose you couldnt go squishing things that size. i'd say hong kong is full of nasties, is it? do you live in a skyscraper now?

do you reckon its possible to train yourself to be less frightened of these kinda things? Not that long ago theres no way i would have gone to sleep with a spider in the room but there the other night i was about to put my head down and a spider ran from under the pillow and down between the wall and the bed. I had a quick look for it but found myself pleasantly unconcerned about it.

While in Thailand I shared accommodation with both the largest centipede and the largest cockroach I have ever seen. Not at the same time I'm pleased to say.

I have pics somewhere which I'll post later if I can find them.

Actually, I didn't mind either of them too much. I was too involved in hating mosquitos, tiny black and much larger red ants and other things that bit or stung to be concerned about comparatively innocent creatures.

i suppose you couldnt go squishing things that size. i'd say hong kong is full of nasties, is it? do you live in a skyscraper now?

do you reckon its possible to train yourself to be less frightened of these kinda things? Not that long ago theres no way i would have gone to sleep with a spider in the room but there the other night i was about to put my head down and a spider ran from under the pillow and down between the wall and the bed. I had a quick look for it but found myself pleasantly unconcerned about it.

well yes i live up high, so luckily bug incidents have been significantly reduced. but they still happen (see my face off post earlier)

i was asking someone about that - if you can almost de-sensitise yourself to things you're afeared of. hypnosis maybe?

i dont actually want to be friend to the centipede though. id much rather hate them.

PM if you need more advice. I have become something of an expert on cockraches and their systematic extermination.

Share!

I heard tell of a dude with a lot of time on his hands that used to sit in the dark in his mouse-occupied flat, flashlight tied to his head and pellet gun in hand.

I know it doesn't compare, but one of these bad lads leapt off the wall at me the other night, it had taken up residence on the fuse-box and I tried to poke it with a broom. About the size of a €2 coin.

SpeckledBushCricket.jpg

You moved OUT! haha.

Last week (not in my flat mind, but on the street) it was getting dark and I saw what I thought were two black cats scurry from beneath one car across the road to another right ten feet in front of me. It was only before they got under the second car that I realised they weren't big black cats, but RATS. Humungous fucking hairy rats, bigger than anything I could find on google image, believe me. I swear to god I nearly puked.

Share!

I heard tell of a dude with a lot of time on his hands that used to sit in the dark in his mouse-occupied flat, flashlight tied to his head and pellet gun in hand.

most of the advice i have already dispensed.

basically the golden rule is DONT step on them. spray them, wait til they die, scoop them up with a newspaper and throw them away.

stepping on them sprays the eggs, and then you're fucked. anyway, after watching a few too many national geographics on them, i've resigned myself to the fact that humans will never win the war against cockraches.

i hate the fuckers, but i have to say i respect the way they've managed to thrive. as a species they're one of the most successful.
but yeah i hate them.

please dont.
but a few weeks ago i was just outta the shower, got my knickers on, and suddenly one crawled under the bedroom door.

and then i flipped out - in my knickers, and had a face off with the little fucker. things escalated WHEN HE BEGAN FLYING TOWARDS ME.

fucks sake. i was the victor in the end, but was visibly shaken. and still in my knickers. in the living room. and the curtains were open.

cockraches - assholes.

my hero!!!:)

alien_Sigourney_1.jpg

one time my friend and I went swimming in the wicklow and we watched a foot long woodlouse creep up the harbour wall. Very weird. It must be stuff Sellafield is putting in the sea...

You sure it was a woodlouse? A FOOT long?

I refuse to believe that such a thing exists.

For my own piece of mind.

Next time, try and take a picture. We can use it as evidence to get that kip closed down.

I didn't realise there were cockroaches in Ireland...How can this be?? I thought it was too cold for them here.

There’s millions of the little fuckers.

Though not as many as you’d get in warmer climes to be sure.

They can live ANYWHERE.

Except probably Antartica.

Even then, I don’t trust them, so they’ve probably set up camp there as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back