cockroaches (2 Viewers)

its true,they really are impossible to kill,seen one get squished last night,only one side of him got hit though so the other side keeps going dragging himself around in circles....ewww.any suggestions for getting rid of them?

Boiling?

are you in asia aswell?

dont step on them. they will spray their eggs and this time you'll have an even bigger problem. by some heavy duty cockroach spray and just hold it over them.

PM if you need more advice. I have become something of an expert on cockraches and their systematic extermination.

That sounds like something from Alien....

We should call you Riipley from now on.

They mostly come out at night, mostly...

NEWT.JPG

That sounds like something from Alien....

We should call you Riipley from now on.

please dont.
but a few weeks ago i was just outta the shower, got my knickers on, and suddenly one crawled under the bedroom door.

and then i flipped out - in my knickers, and had a face off with the little fucker. things escalated WHEN HE BEGAN FLYING TOWARDS ME.

fucks sake. i was the victor in the end, but was visibly shaken. and still in my knickers. in the living room. and the curtains were open.

cockraches - assholes.

Have we been here before?!

I'm used to the bastards crawling over me at night - there's nothing I can do about it. In my ears, once in my mouth. Needless to state, I hate them.
Best thing to do is pick them up and throw them out - off the balcony in my case.

India. Haven't been to Nepal since the restoration of democracy, if you could call it that!
All is well, even with the roaches.

as much as i hate roaches, i can't stand centipedes. did i ever tell you about the time i came home and a massive one charged at me?

horrifying.

one time my friend and I went swimming in the wicklow and we watched a foot long woodlouse creep up the harbour wall. Very weird. It must be stuff Sellafield is putting in the sea...

When I was in Fiji a few years ago, we checked into a fairly basic hotel in Nadi, and when we came in, there was a cockroach the size of my fucking hand in the wardrobe, on its back, freaking out because it couldn't flip itself over. We just closed the wardrobe door and left it there. It was still doing the dryland backstroke by the time we left the next day, albeit a much more laboured one. I was far more concerned about a spider in the room, which I insisted go squish immediately, despite trying to remind myself that there were no dangerous spiders in Fiji.

And anyway, I abandoned my 'no poisonous creatures' faith in the country because the first night I was there, we found a scorpion in our room when the entire archipelago was supposed to be free of the little bastards.

There was a centipede of some sort in my bathtub today. I have no idea where it came from, but I know where it went, and that's down the damn drain.

This is my 5000th post, and I feel it lacks poop references. So: POOP POOP FART FART. Did I ever tell you about the poo on my road a few years ago, the one that looked like grey jelly, and had a length of rope in it? There may be money in old rope, but I'll tell you what, sometimes you just gotta let old rope lie.

That's better.

Insects seem to have a habit of running towards you.

i know. it's not right!

cockroaches fly when they're feeling aggressive - mainly when they have eggs about to hatch (apparently).

a cockroach flying towards you is not somehting i would wish on many people. luckily a nearby newspaper provided good swatting action.

a colleague of mine woke up a few weeks ago to see a cockroach on his wall. he got a can of deoderant and a lighter - and set the little fucker alight!

but centipedes - they are such nasty bastards. and big too! the one that accosted me was about4-5 inches long, for fucks sake! ugh ugh ugh. my colleague sean just got bitten by one a few days ago. IT WAS IN HIS JEANS IN HIS WARDROBE.
fucking. hell.

when i'm goddess of the universe, first thing i'ma do is banish all creepy crawlies.

I didn't realise there were cockroaches in Ireland...How can this be?? I thought it was too cold for them here.

We used to live near a big peat bog/environmental sanctuary in Vancouver and we were always getting bit by spiders when were were asleep in bed. Huge-ass wolf spiders the size of my fucking hand. I swear to god. It got to the point at one stage (I was only 11) that I was so petrified I started wearing long underwear to bed at night.

I don't mind centipedes but spiders scare the bejaysus out of me.

I didn't realise there were cockroaches in Ireland...How can this be?? I thought it was too cold for them here.

Not sure if deafmute posted that from ireland, but i'm in HK, hokey's in India.

I don't mind centipedes .

are you
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
???

vile. im all in favour of the extermination of all creepy crawlies. look at this earwig:
240px-Forficula_auricularia.jpg

I dont think ive ever seen a cockroach - i didnt even know they could fly. Did you know that there are still small snakes on Cape Clear Island off county cork? St patrick never went there because st ciaran went there and brought christianity 60 years before patrick ever even darkened these shores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back