co-op bank? (2 Viewers)

i got my union to passa motoin at our recent conference that all investments will be done through ethically managed funds in future - you should try your one too.
credit unions have no been floaed, and you can get your dole paid directly into them too!!

The thing with credit unions is they themselves lodge money lodged with them with the main banks / investment banks however their record of lending to people the banks wont touch and their voluntary /diy structures surely outweighs that and makes them the most suitable

Sorry, getting confused with First Active as a building society getting floated. But again, afaik, the decision making structures of most credit unions aren't as democratic as they were previously. Although, for me, I don't really care.

Also, I thought the current economic crisis is due to banks loaning money to people they normally wouldn't touch. :)

credit unions are a pain in the hole unless you're settled somewhere fairly permanently. i just gave up and got a bank account after much heartache trying to set up a credit union account in dublin.

the directors of credit unions are still elceted by members - how democratic that actually is in our non participatory society is anybodies guess but the possibilities are still there.

credit unions are a pain in the hole unless you're settled somewhere fairly permanently. i just gave up and got a bank account after much heartache trying to set up a credit union account in dublin.
credit unions are bound by the same rules regarding the setting up of new acconts, it shouldn't be more difficult. you need i.d and an address with a utility bill. It's a pity you couldn't get one set up

i wasn't receiving utility bills at the address i was living at though. i would have had to join a credit union closest to my 'permanent' address (parent's house) where i wasn't actually living.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back