Club NME (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: irish nme???

vomit.jpg

well if its gonna be on in the hub this is a pretty good description of the smell in the place

THe launch night of this NME club thingy was on in Voodoo las night - the bands were all really good - hadn't seen Dae Kim before, really enjoyed them!! Good crowd and really good atmosphere. Voodoo can be such a deadly little venue when there's a bit of effort put into it. The club night however now moves to the Hub.....

THe launch night of this NME club thingy was on in Voodoo las night - the bands were all really good - hadn't seen Dae Kim before, really enjoyed them!! Good crowd and really good atmosphere. Voodoo can be such a deadly little venue when there's a bit of effort put into it. The club night however now moves to the Hub.....

honestly don't see why they can't keep it in the voodoo lounge - i really do prefer it to the hub

- leigh

the hub is like its built on a fucking septic tank.
its a good buzz sometimes but honestly, once you venture past the dj box you're on your own in a world of shit.
i reckon voodoo would be much better, ive always liked voodoo though.

I went along last night as my mates live in Smithfield and I was with them. Arrived around the end of Dae Kim, thought they were pretty good but wasn't paying all that much attention as I was hungry and was eating pizza at the time.

Humanzi have some pretty good hooks, I can see why some folks love them but I wasn't into it whenever Sean (Shaun?) Mulrooney started singing.

bit of a kop-out
of course they're fucking responsible - another silly public statement by the boy mulrooney
this is getting to be kind of fun

- leigh

Sorry Leigh it wasn't a public statement (fuckin hell he's not the taoiseach).
As it happens the dude fell off stage and hurt his back - he's a friend of the band. There was no hospitalisation, there was no statement to the NME..they took a comment made in passing and quoted it as if it had been an interview - it wasn't. A bit of a dramatic attempt to make the club night seem outrageous on the part of the NME by all accounts...nothing too surprising there. You shouldn't believe everything you read.

I dont believe you

As it happens the dude fell off stage and hurt his back - he's a friend of the band. There was no hospitalisation, there was no statement to the NME..they took a comment made in passing and quoted it as if it had been an interview - it wasn't. A bit of a dramatic attempt to make the club night seem outrageous on the part of the NME by all accounts...nothing too surprising there. You shouldn't believe everything you read.

hey donna,
yeah i know all that, but it was still a bit careless nonetheless. i can't believe i missed this, all the while i was in work watching kids beating the living shit out of eachother
bit of a pain in the arse really

- leigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back