Clothes and haircuts (3 Viewers)

I hate the feel of a watch on my wrist and don’t understand the status symbolism at all, nor do I think they look particularly nice. I have a phone, it tells the time and I have it on my person already.

I used to have a pocket watch which I liked but I always forgot to wind it so ended up using my phone anyway.

I hate the feel of a watch on my wrist and don’t understand the status symbolism at all, nor do I think they look particularly nice. I have a phone, it tells the time and I have it on my person already.

I used to have a pocket watch which I liked but I always forgot to wind it so ended up using my phone anyway.

I get really tetchy when I don't have a wristwatch on. It's much more accessible than the phone too.

how about jewellery in general? i don't wear a ring either and hate the feeling of something around my neck - never could wear my work badge on a lanyard around my neck.
I wear my father's ring
Almost lost a ride cos someone thought it was a wedding ring

Have contemplated putting an earring back in, but I am pretty sure that will never happen

That's about it

how about jewellery in general? i don't wear a ring either and hate the feeling of something around my neck - never could wear my work badge on a lanyard around my neck.

I wear a ring, we got not matching ones but clearly a hisnhers pair a few years ago despite at the time neither of us thought we'd get married. Now that we are we'll use them as wedding rings.

Herself would like me to wear more jewellery but I'm not mad on it. My compromise is owning a few wristwatches that a change based on occassion.

I haven't wore a watch in 30 years.
Don't like jewellery at all. Rings & chains....ugh...cheezy crap.
Looking like some poxy rapper grifter. Nope.

* wearing one ring or chain doesn't make you look like Mr. T, I know.

For me, it's far less about adornment, or status, and more about caring about how you look.

And if you are looking for sexual interest, signaling that you have your shit together.

A five quid Casio might have been goofy when I was 20, I don't think it plays that well at 50

I'm triggered by watch talk. About 20 years ago my wife bought a posh watch for my birthday. I knew i'd never wear it and it was too expensive to just not wear. She had to bring it back to a fancy jewelers and basically have a row with them to get them to take it back.

Who is the prick in this story? that's right, the jeweler.

For me, it's far less about adornment, or status, and more about caring about how you look.

And if you are looking for sexual interest, signaling that you have your shit together.

A five quid Casio might have been goofy when I was 20, I don't think it plays that well at 50

How much of this is your perception of how people percieve things though? I see a woman in a crappy casio watch, I see someone who also recognises what a pointless thing to spend money on. I see a woman in an apple watch, I think effectively she's not passed the keeping up with the joneses/latest mattell toys stage of life.

How much of this is your perception of how people percieve things though? I see a woman in a crappy casio watch, I see someone who also recognises what a pointless thing to spend money on. I see a woman in an apple watch, I think effectively she's not passed the keeping up with the joneses/latest mattell toys stage of life.
How much of anything is our perception of how people perceive things? All we really have is our perception.

Everyone has their own tolerance for what they place value on, and what's worth their money.

It's not really about fashion or toys or bling.
Something I'm gonna wear til I die and pass on to someone else, is worth a tiny splurge.
Some people spend a lot on tattoos. Those people can all find each other.
Same with the Casio people. I hope they live happy lives toegther.
Everything beyond food & shelter is a pointless thing to spend money on if you really get into it.

I know the kind of women I am interested in.
And - as much anyone can - I understand what works for them. Comments and compliments are indicators of what might be working, and what is not.

I think a general baseline of got-your-shit-together, knowing what colours work for you and putting a tiny bit of thought into what you are wearing, doesn't do anyone any harm though.

Men just have to get their hair cut, be borderline thin, and spend more than 10 seconds thinking about what they're gonna wear and they're well ahead of the game.

If you wear glasses, actually speak to the people in the shop about what works for your face. Ten minutes of that and you're basically done for life.

I honestly didn't think spending a few quid on a decent watch to up your game was such a controversial opinion.

I dont really understand this mindset.
I've dated my fair share of people, all different. I had no issue dating somone unemployed, same as my last serious relationship was with an Itlaian man who will inherit a Baronetcy soon.
I met my fiance around the same time as he was having cancer surgery so he lived in tracksuits, was off work and definitely wasn't looking his best.
I'm probably not the high end meat you're trying to attract, but most women I know would go for personality over peacocking any day.

Its called Looksmaxing

Example

VIPIrelandPicture-Ref203199.jpg

personality over peacocking
I'm not sure those are the choices tbh

I am not dating anyone unemployed. Or who doesn't have their life in order.
I've done chaos. And I've done crazy. It's not for me.

Creativity, a sense of adventure, interest in arts/travel, financially secure, fit & healthy, got their lives together/not bonkers.
These women are out there. I know, cos I've dated them. And I know they like at least some of what I'm doing, cos they've dated me.

It's not really about meat.
I want someone to hike the Accursed Mountains with, run in the Lofotens, swim out to an uninhabited island, disappear into Patagonia or the Bob Marshall for a week.
Adventurous and capable is plenty of personality for me. Just be interesting.

Other people want to go to the pub, sit home watching Netflix or layon a beach in the sun for a week.
Or whatever floats their boats or baronetages.
Those people are all welcome to each other. I'm living my life for the things I want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back