Clothes and haircuts (3 Viewers)

If a jacket has SeanC's ex sliding off her stool, and his t-shirt game has been strengthened, and he needed a watch for work, the thought occurred to me that spending a day's pay on something that will elevate his already good appearance, doesn't seem like the world's worst investment. I like the guy.
That's it.
But it was only offered as a consideration. Not instruction.

If y'all hate watches, and think they're for cunts, that's fine too. Life is a very rich pageant.

just to be clear here, i've absolutely no beef with someone wearing a €300 watch. i start to get wary of them if it's a €5000 watch, say.
wearing the latter is peacocking; the former is not.

Last edited:
just to be clear here, i've absolutely no beef with someone wearing a €300 watch. i start to get wary of them if it's a €5000 watch, say.
It's not for me, but I get it.

Some people spend that much on an engagement ring. Or an extension or a bathroom renovation. Or a holiday.

I can see the attraction of wanting to own the same model watch that was on the moon or a James Bond Seamaster. The way some people love a classic Saab. Or listen to vinyls. Or ride a carbon fibre bike.

I think the main concern I would have (for anyone I gave a shit about) is expecting these things to make you happy. When most of us know that 'things' don't usaully do that. Or not for long anyways. These people will find that out eventually.

Everyone else is on their own and good luck to them.

I've no beef with anyone doing their thing really.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Unicron
  • Deadmanposting
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back