Clearshot (1 Viewer)

snap-apple

Supporter
Since 2000
What did yiz make of Clearshot - they were the support band on before Murder City Devils at the ATDI gig. I thought they had a lot in common with Kerbdog (RIP) - nice melodies and good chunky tight guitars... Seems it's safe to play loud and proud again - Kabinboy, Tooth etc.

i thought they were awful woeful shit.
total crap, mallrats music.

Fucking hell, you were really enthusiastic about them and then the minute someone else says a single negative word you just shut down...

Just because someone else didn't like them doesn't mean you don't have to...

yeah, that did strike me as a bit strange.

it was only my opinion, not bleedin' gospel or anything.

but then again, if someone posts saying his retraction was NOT strange, i'll eat my words immediately.

ok ok, i admit that i liked them (just don't thrash me gaff)... but no one else seemed to - probably they weren't "punk" enough for yer average At the Drive-In-er or maybe my taste is up me arse. anyone in here like Kerbdog's stuff (not bloody Wilt though) 'cos Clearshot definitely have taken on the same style?

Well Conor cos you liked Kerbdog we understand. They were probably the worst band doing what they did at the time they were doing it, in my opinion.
Talk about songs by numbers. I swear IN MY OPINION you could hear exactly who each riff they were playing was supposed to sound like(eg. this is the slayer bit, this is the Husker Du bit, this is the pixies bit)
And as for releasing all their singles on 5 different formats(each with it's own set of b-sides) what a rip-off!
Clearshot I am not familiar with.

Ah let's stop it now with the Cormac Battle-bashing. If you feel that way about Kerbog being derivative, what about At The Drive In (there's there RATM bit, there's the Nirvana bit, there's....). It's very hard to be truly original in that style o' music. Especially nowadays after the early 90's oversaturation of "grunge" guitar bands. Anyways as this is an Irish music board we shan't go there eh? Let's leave it as Clearshot sound like Kerbdog whether ye liked them or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back