Clap Your Hands, Say Yeah (1 Viewer)

Jimcorr said:
I read a ridiculously good review of this lots debut album.
Can anybody endorse the recommendation, cause its mildly heartbreaking to waste money (Animal Collective grrrrr!)

new animal collective album, feels, is fucking amazing

swear to god, this time next year everyone on this board will be breaking themselves over them like they are Sufjan this year... mark my words...

Clap Your Hands, Say Yeah hasn't got european distro yet, or so I understand...

Jimcorr said:
I read a ridiculously good review of this lots debut album.
Can anybody endorse the recommendation, cause its mildly heartbreaking to waste money (Animal Collective grrrrr!)
prob one or two ok tracks on it just ok mind you!! would not be on my regular listener list anyway!

Pantone247 said:

swear to god, this time next year everyone on this board will be breaking themselves over them like they are Sufjan this year... mark my words...

yeah, feels seems to be great.
i'd say though, that if peole dont haven't an interest in animal collective already, they don;t really care

172_358.jpg

pretty cover.

you reckon if stufjam looked like jimmy nail he'd be so popular?

CYHSY is half good, half crap. But "In this home on Ice", which is downloadalble from their site is one of my songs of the year. I understand the album will be released over here in January. Alec Ounsworth sings like Eric Cartman live.

Pantone247 said:

Is there a newer album than Sung Tongs or is it some side project doohickey? I really like most of Sung Tongs. Its so goddamn fun most of it.

the Clap Your Hands, Say Yeah album is good maybe even mildly better than good but its been way overhyped for some reason. that said, it wouldnt be a waste of anyones money to buy it

clap your hands...i reckon it's close to ridiculously good, it's grows like a bastard, i've been listening to it for months and i still find myself smiling at how much i like it. they just signed to wichita, who are part of the new V2 thing so it'll be out everywhere soon, i think january is right, talk of tour aswell.
and feels is amazing. takes a while but it just is.

Ellie said:
and feels is amazing. takes a while but it just is.

my housemate put it on at 3 in the morning a few weeks back and it *blew* *my* *mind*

such a treat when it sounds just as deadly at 4pm in the afternoon soberly in the oiffce

you had Clor over yet?

I'm actually excited for you if you haven't yet... amazing stuff...

the 28th (in the place where they were playing elastica when we walked in, remember), VERY excited. i'm missing brakes in november though, godammit. the one weekend i go away and i miss brakes, superdiscount 2 and god knows what else, it's impossible, jesus!

last night was adam green, he was good but not as good as last time. but the support, jeffrey lewis band, were really cool, have you heard anything? kinda jonathan richman, pretty funny and pretty rockin. another rough trade one. they do comics with cds to listen to while you're reading, deadly.
adam jammed the place though, more than a thousand, where does he play in dublin usually?

was playing the new Jeff Lweis this morning, pretty rocking compared to his usual songwriter stuff, but all of it is deadly. I think he's played Whelans about two years back, not sure what crowd he got... but it was that kinda thing... wish he'd come back...

(f.y.i he's on a tribute album with my band! hoo-hah!)

Clor should be amazing in that bar, looked a little lost in a big empty tent at electric picnic... deadly stuff... I forgot they were playing Elastica! ha ha!

Ellie said:
last night was adam green, he was good but not as good as last time. but the support, jeffrey lewis band, were really cool, have you heard anything? kinda jonathan richman, pretty funny and pretty rockin. another rough trade one. they do comics with cds to listen to while you're reading, deadly.
adam jammed the place though, more than a thousand, where does he play in dublin usually?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back