CITY ARTS CENTRE (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter W.
  • Start date
  • Replies 28
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 0
Pete,
you don't look stupid - there's still a lot of context missing from the revised post.

Like who owns it at the moment?
Why is a sale being considered?
Isn't Declan McGonigle (ex-IMMA) involved?
What good will one night's carnival do?

The really big one they're building at the moment is mad looking. The big robocop-OCP type jobby. And indeed the Wind Jammer is good for cans, not enough pubs sell the ol' DG anymore, plus you'll always get madouravit oul lads there who're up for a bit o' banter while you're waiting for your cans...and what can I say, garlic chips from the Seashell...muah!! Chips, how I do love you.

I don't know Path, The wind jammers not too bad. I mean they give you extra cans for nothing sometimes if you're in there regularly. Although they did up the price of RD from 1.10 to 1.20 recently, but they explained to me that thats the suppliers fault. If you're in the Seashell, the fish box is my choice. Four bits of different types of fish with a shit load of chips for 2.50.

if scott ian is that short... how short is danny spitz??
cormy, don't you live in the bog?
ahh, i love the seashell, used to go there fro a snack box before the funnel back in the day. i lent the operation a touch of class i did.
city arts centre was the very first place i rehersed that wasn't someones room... larry mullen had donated all teh drumkits and pod of the Virgin Prunes was the resident sulk. 12 years ago, that.
and jesus, what ever happened to Nasdaq, the bar? is it closed? now, there's a tradagy.

A snack box before The Funnel, now doze were deh daze. Wiping your greasy fingers on your Lord Ant'nee jacket before confronting the, at first, friendly doormen of TF, and then later that impossible bollox Marcus (who I once saw lift a punter by the armpits, run-while-carrying-him from the stage down the back of the venue and feck him down the stairs arse over elbow. I think our friend had been smoking funny cigarettes, God love him. Marcus, of course, had been on nothing stronger than a couple of crack-pipes, 3 nandralone pies and a Harpball.)

Nasdaq, Hector? Wasn't that on Camden Street?

Hector Grey (04 Dec, 2001 12:25 p.m.):
if scott ian is that short... how short is danny spitz??
cormy, don't you live in the bog?
ahh, i love the seashell, used to go there fro a snack box before the funnel back in the day. i lent the operation a touch of class i did.
city arts centre was the very first place i rehersed that wasn't someones room... larry mullen had donated all teh drumkits and pod of the Virgin Prunes was the resident sulk. 12 years ago, that.
and jesus, what ever happened to Nasdaq, the bar? is it closed? now, there's a tradagy.

Hector Grey (04 Dec, 2001 12:25 p.m.):

isnt it called the Met Bar now?

regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back