CIAN + Jimmy Lyons + Arveene & Misk - March 12th - Bootleg @ The Pavilion, Cork (1 Viewer)

Bootleg

Bootleg
The Pavilion
Thursday March 12th

featuring

TOY SOLDIER (aka CIAN)
Doors 9.30pm €6 before 10pm / €8 after.
Followed by Arveene and Misk til 2am!

l_761fb2f018ffa620f64a1fe57b8beab8.jpg

Cian is a songwriter with a two-piece electro/acoustic outfit from Cork, Ireland. The music, melody driven, is a fusion of acoustic guitar with electronic beats and synths. Influences range from the sweet sublime of Jeff Buckley to the electropop inflections of The Postal Service.

From the beginning Cian’s life has been steeped in music. His parents were busy touring musicians, always either on the road or in the studio with their band. To Cian this was normal life and he always aspired to do the same.

He played drums at 4, piano at 6 and guitar at 10. “Somewhere around this time I started to write songs, my lyrics were always about weird characters and strange quirky places but as time went on I began to get more personal with my music”.

Cian’s debut EP was chosen as “Pick of the Fortnight” in Hot Press Magazine’s ‘Garageland’ section.

Cian has shared the stage with renowned artists such as British Sea Power, Tilly and the Wall and Cathy Davey. His debut EP has received airplay on numerous radio programmes nationwide including Larry Gogan’s popular show on 2fm.

Cian completed his first tour of the west coast of the USA in late 2007. His music was featured on popular LA acoustic radio show ‘Tied to the Tracks’ on ‘KCSN fm’.

Cian returned to Ireland from his second west coast tour to play the prestigious Hard Working Class Heroes Festival in Dublin in September 2008. The 2-piece outfit released their 2nd EP entitled 'Closer' last November to a rapturous reception in Cyprus Avenue, Cork City.

Cian returns to the studio in the coming weeks to commence recording his debut single! Ears to the ground folks!!!!

www.myspace.com/ciansongs

Also on the bill is local musician Jimmy Lyons.​

Jimmy Lyons

l_d8cbe46cbe2a50b12e98554eda14d5cd.jpg

30 June 2007. First album Get Lost Glasnost packaged in an envelope and hand delivered in most cases. You can download the entire album, artwork and lyrics for free, just by clicking this: http://www.mediafire.com/?5m7u7hbbvnq

February 14th 2008. My new album Miscellanea is now available. You can download the entire album, artwork (!) and lyrics from here, free: http://www.mediafire.com/?bv1t9gxd4vd
I am living in Limerick to pursue a form of musical education. This will no doubt alter the direction my music goes, and I am optimistic and frightened. Chin up.

www.myspace.com/minervioladismorban

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back