Christmas Travel (1 Viewer)

Jill Hives

Once Removed
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
25.media.tumblr.com
It's that time... not even the end of September and people already have Christmas on the mind. People back home keep asking me what my plans are and I am not sure what to do. I'm not much of a Christmas person... my family doesn't really get together as they mostly attend their partners families and my parents go to Florida for the winter months now.

Option one: Spend a small fortune (for very broke me) for a flight to Boston to visit freinds then take another flight to Tampa to visit my parents (mind you in a retirement community -- no one under 55), then back to Boston and back here. Accommodation would all be free. The only extra money would be food and entertainment in Boston.

Option two: Stay here in my studio apartment all sad twiddling my thumbs for two weeks. Granted, could be very relaxing but also very boring.

Option three: Go some where in Ireland again during the Holiday break. I have done it the last three years. Inishowen, Aran Islands and last year Mayo. I only have County Waterford left to visit to complete the list so maybe go down there?

Option four: Spend less money than the states and travel somewhere in Europe I've never been. This is where I need some help -- where would be a good place to visit for Christmas. I'm not a skier. Cheap and stuff to do/see even though it's Christmas. Any thoughts? Suggestions?

It's that time... not even the end of September and people already have Christmas on the mind.

I think we had our Xmas hol booked in July... We're going flying to Munich on the 23rd, they have a deadly Xmas market. We're hoping to see a good bit of Bavaria and maybe Salzberg too.

Flights and accomodation coming to around €500 for the week.

I think we had our Xmas hol booked in July... We're going flying to Munich on the 23rd, they have a deadly Xmas market. We're hoping to see a good bit of Bavaria and maybe Salzberg too.

Flights and accomodation coming to around €500 for the week.

Still cheaper than the states. Salzberg. I might need to look into this one because I was suppose to do my Junior year abroad there. I backed out at the last minute because my boyfriend didn't want me to go. Mistake, mistake, mistake. Aerlingus has a new route there too, don't they? Hmm...

Salzberg is beautiful. Drove there a couple of years back. Would be difficult to spend two week there, though. Saw the whole city in 2 days.

Salzberg is beautiful. Drove there a couple of years back. Would be difficult to spend two week there, though. Saw the whole city in 2 days.

Noted. However if I do the Europe idea I wouldn't bother with the whole two weeks. I would just go the days right around Christmas when everyone is busy with their families. So I need a place less religious or that celebrates at a different time so things are open.

i wouldnt go to waterford if i were you. not for christmas. the [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scilly"]scilly isles[/ame] or [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lundy"]lundy isle[/ame]?

Option two: Stay here in my studio apartment all sad twiddling my thumbs for two weeks. Granted, could be very relaxing but also very boring.

you can come to my house for christmas dinner

here is a christmas picture about christmas travel

santa_sleigh_1024.jpg

Spent a few hours doing sums and figuring stuff out only to find my parents are 'booked' from Dec. 23rd-26th. Kinda made me laugh. If I don't really eat or do anything else for the next two months I could spend almost 3 weeks in the states. Two in the sun and one on Cape Cod. I'm debating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back