Chimichanga/I'll never look at a burrito the same way (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 42
  • Views 12K
  • Watchers 0
Never really had good mexican here - Taco Taco isn't too bad..

The place on Georges St is horrible and way over priced..

Pico de gallo and Salsa Tamatillo(chille verde) is the shit.
Homemade salsa makes the dish. Don't spend money on pre-made, jarred salsa. Its dead easy, tastes fresh, and keeps for a few days in the fridge, unless you go for canning jars.

Agreed.Vege burritos are all about the refried beanyboys.I've bean looking into making my own.Its not that difficult it seems.

Agreed about the salsa.I'm not a big salsa fan but I have been known to scarf it when its made fresh.Nom like.

I use quorn mince to make chilli and it works really well....Nice fill for a burrito too...A nice change from the rice and beans..

My GF makes the nicest Casadias - 2 flour tortilla filled with refried beans - jalapenos - cheese and home made salsa...damn i love em...

Weirdly enough I got one of the nicest Mexican meals ever in Barcelona last month....(Better than I had in Mexico City or South Cali :)

I made a burrito thingy last night, I used store bought refried beans (expensive but qute delicious) and store bought quac (too strong, harsh) and then fried up courgettes, onions and a red pepper, then slattered the mix in tomato puree and some chilis and black pepper. Grated cheese onto the mix and added some lettuce. I didn't have rice or sour cream. I didn't miss the rice but the sour cream would have been nice.

Nice one.
One again, there's no substitute for fresh guac.
A few, halved, black olives are lovely as well. Particularly is if you've got the sour cream happening.

I tryed the way they did the Chimichanga in the video (pan+oven) - I really can't see it staying together in a deep fry though..

It was really tasty - it was left over chilly+cheese+refried bean and some rice/sour cream/jalapenos on the side..

My GF makes the nicest Casadias - 2 flour tortilla filled with refried beans - jalapenos - cheese and home made salsa...damn i love em...

That is the best spelling of a spanish word I have ever seen.

I used Quorn mince in burritos for years until I found myself with a bit of proper mince that had to be used. Now I can't possibly go back to the quorn.

Black beans, if you can find them, really make the meal. Very oddly, crumbling a bit of blue cheese in is quite nice. It's shouldn't work, but somehow it does.

Me and Trousers are pretty excited about the new burrito joint opening up on baggot street- Pablo Picante. Everynight before I go to sleep, I pray that they will have lovely burritos the size of your head for around a fiver and not some horrible shite made from packaged muck for a tenner.

Yeah lol at my brain fart spelling of 'quesadillas'...

Do you put the black beans in as well as kidney beans? I must try the blue cheese..

Made chicken enchiladas with Rick Bayless's simple red mole recipe on Saturday -- AMAZING. Did refried beans, and "Spanish-style" rice with it, absolute winner. It really got me back on the Mexican food kick, so Sunday was huevos rancheros with homemade guacamole and pico de gallo. Next, maybe pork and squash in a pasilla and honey sauce...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back