Childhood experiences you never recovered from (1 Viewer)

When I was five, our nice benign layperson teacher was out sick and the nuns split us all up between different classes to compensate. I lost my brother and friends and started crying. The headmistress, a wicked oul nun by the name of Sr. Maria, found high infants me, crying away to myself in the yard. "you, why are you crying?" "Ms Lombard is missing and I can't find my friends and I don't want to be sent to a class on my own". "No, young man you are crying because you misbehaved, now, tell me what did you do?" "Nothing, sister, I'm looking for my friends". Cue the legendary masochistic rage of the wizzened disused gee, growing within her, I could sense it. "You're lying, young man, and you know what we do to liars" At this stage I was literally begging for her to believe me, convulsing with tears. "It's the black ribbon for you boy". And sure enough, I got the black ribbon. This involved Sr. Maria, taking hold of a large clump of my 80's karate kid mop between her skeletal arthritic claws and pulling tight as drum-skin and tying it together with the infamous black-ribbon. I was then paraded around the yard like a dog in floods of tears. Funny, happened every day in our school. A week or two later, she came up to me and apologised, having of course found out that I hadn't been lying. And with a conspirational wink, she said 'that's our little secret'. I told my parents though, but they didn't really give a shite....Scarred 4 LIFE

wow, you remember trauma from the age of three?

my daguther is three and a half...

uh-oh...

I remember lots of things from the age of 3, not all traumatic. But yeah, she'll remember it all, and the stuff she doesn't remember will manifest itself in neuroses in later life. .|..|

Watching a comhra in school on the projector with a substitute teacher called Miss Halpin who wore really thick tights and big blocky shoes. The bulb in the projector blew up in me and my mates face with smoke and glass everywhere, since then Ive been scared of projectors and avoid them at gigs etc!

one time when i was 7 or 8 i totally blanked on the spelling of "look", spelling it "lok". freaked me out for days afterwards.

My dad used to guest on a radio show years ago, and one time I went with him, and he said I could sit in the recording place if I was really quiet. I thought it was so cool, until about three minutes in and I realised I was surrounded by adults talking about non-fun things, so I started playing with these clip-on earrings I had on. They had this little rubber bit to stop the metal rubbing on your ear, and I took that bit off and stuck it up my nose, then snotted it out. Thought it was fun so I put it up again, only it got stuck. Had to go into hospital, some nurse with a tweezers up my mose for an age, I thought she was going to pull out bits of my brain

when i was 5 my mum bought me the loveliest skirt with flowers on it.i wore it to school and showed off to everyone. at lunchtime it was pointed out to me that i'd been walking around for a while with the skirt tucked into my knickers. That incident led to a deep rooted paranoia that still exists today.

That happened me, except it was my head in the bars of a bunk bed and my brother with the saw
Frightening and embarrassing
it happened to my great-grand-uncle as well, except he had his head stuck in the stairs, and when he saw my great-great-grandmother coming with the saw he was so scared he pulled his head out himself.

in fairness it's not really a good enough story to have been passed down four generations.

it happened to my great-grand-uncle as well, except he had his head stuck in the stairs, and when he saw my great-great-grandmother coming with the saw he was so scared he pulled his head out himself.

in fairness it's not really a good enough story to have been passed down four generations.

that depends. I mean its all relative. If nothing more exciting has happened in your family then its perfectly understandable this story was handed down

Me, I got hit in the head by a golf-ball when I was about 7. Still have a scar and to this day I have a deep-rooted hatred of golf and anything to do with it. I'm pretty sure that experience has nothing to do with that fact, but I just figured I'd put it out there.

when i was 5 my mum bought me the loveliest skirt with flowers on it.i wore it to school and showed off to everyone. at lunchtime it was pointed out to me that i'd been walking around for a while with the skirt tucked into my knickers. That incident led to a deep rooted paranoia that still exists today.

Similar experience, when I was a kid my aunt used to babysit every Friday night for me and my sis, so we would be packed off, clean clothes in tow so we could go to town with her the next day.Anyhoo we were going to the library in town the next day and my aunt just threw our books to be returned into a plastic bag not realising it had a pair of my knickers in it. When we got to the Ilac Centre library she whipped out my books and my knickers flew into the air. I nearly died on embarrasment!

that depends. I mean its all relative. If nothing more exciting has happened in your family then its perfectly understandable this story was handed down

lots of exciting things have happened in my family :(

edit: when googling for my great-grand-uncle to prove this, i found out that his father was "jailed for his part in the Fenian Rising of 1867, and thereafter could only gain employment as a cooper in the Ballincollig Powder Mills"

if that's not exciting i don't know what is.

I drowned in a swimming pool.

I choked on a jelly shaped like a fish.

I was headbutted by a horse into a bush of nettles.

Good times.

especially since you're a boy!! hee hee

sorry.

tough crowd.

I was about five and in the middle of the night while I was sleeping my father dotted me with a red bingo dauber. When I woke up with perfect red dots all over my body I got scared and ran in my parents room. My dad told me that I must have the sickness that was going around and I could never go out and play again! He told me to go to my room because I would infect them and I was going to die. Of course, I started crying and my mother ran after me telling me my father was joking. I spent over and hour in the tub with my mother scrubbing my body to get them off. It took about a week for the to all disappear. I love my dad but he has a sick sense of humour. My nickname growing up, "hey ugly." High times.

That's class! I'm 100% doing that to my future children.

I have an awful fear of dentists, when I ws young and getting something done to my teeth I asked the dentist if it would be sore. He pinched me really hard on the arm and said 'It wont be as bad as that'. Ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back