Childhood experiences you never recovered from (1 Viewer)

guy of the tiger

When I was eight years old my family were living in Manila for a year. For my eight birthday I was allowed bring my friends to see a film. There was no film rating system meaning that kids could see any film in the cinema. ROBOCOP had just been released. My parents, in their wisdom, decided it wasn't suitable and suggested we go see "The Boy who could fly" instead. Worst day of my life.

I never got over that shit.

I swallowed one of those party whistle things after a birthday party when I was 6. I started choking on it so my mum had to try and get it out. She couldn't so we ended up in the hospital. Because it was plastic they said it wouldn't show up on an xray so my poor parents had to go through my poo for about a month to make sure it came out..I'm still scarred.

I swallowed one of those party whistle things after a birthday party when I was 6. I started choking on it so my mum had to try and get it out. She couldn't so we ended up in the hospital. Because it was plastic they said it wouldn't show up on an xray so my poor parents had to go through my poo for about a month to make sure it came out..I'm still scarred.

Maybe they could've listened for whistling from outside the toilet door.

I was about five and in the middle of the night while I was sleeping my father dotted me with a red bingo dauber. When I woke up with perfect red dots all over my body I got scared and ran in my parents room. My dad told me that I must have the sickness that was going around and I could never go out and play again! He told me to go to my room because I would infect them and I was going to die. Of course, I started crying and my mother ran after me telling me my father was joking. I spent over and hour in the tub with my mother scrubbing my body to get them off. It took about a week for the to all disappear. I love my dad but he has a sick sense of humour. My nickname growing up, "hey ugly." High times.

I was about five and in the middle of the night while I was sleeping my father dotted me with a red bingo dauber. When I woke up with perfect red dots all over my body I got scared and ran in my parents room. My dad told me that I must have the sickness that was going around and I could never go out and play again! He told me to go to my room because I would infect them and I was going to die. Of course, I started crying and my mother ran after me telling me my father was joking. I spent over and hour in the tub with my mother scrubbing my body to get them off. It took about a week for the to all disappear. I love my dad but he has a sick sense of humour. My nickname growing up, "hey ugly." High times.

JosefFG2804_228x593.jpg

"Jusssssssssssst Kiddin!"

brian02bike.72.jpg

I once caught my foot in a chair. My Dad had to use the saw (on the chair, not me) to release it.

That reminds me. Dad tying string around my loose tooth and the other to the door knob. Then he slammed the door shut pulling out the tooth. Jesus, this makes my dad sound horrible. I promise, he's lovely.

I was about 3, and I had a teddy bear's picnic in the front garden (I was a very twee child). I went inside to get something - sugar to put in plastic tea cups? another teddy? - I can't remember. When I came back, Rupert the Bear and Little Rupert (think Frank Sidebottom and Little Frank) had been stolen.

Naturally, being 3, I thought my folks would call the police, my teddies would be returned and everything would be alright. Of course, they didn't, and I never saw my stuffed inanimate buddies again. This was the first time I realised my parents were not omnipotent beings who could fix everything. Oh, the trauma. The poignancy. I still can't see Rupert the Bear without feeling a little pang of disillusionment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back