cheap places to record (1 Viewer)

ernesto

Stank you very much
Supporter
Solutions
Website
strikeaction.bandcamp.com
yo,

my band are looking to record on a bit of a shoestring budget. id love to rent a space and the gear and do it myself but thatd end up the same price as booking somewhere and as much as id like to control, id like a pair of hands and ears on the outside.
we are looing for somewhere to record and mix us, 7 or 8 songs, 2 days maybe and if were happy, get it mastered possibly by the same person, depends.

so far ive been recommended Grand Canal Studios and The Hive.
anyone know of a decent engineer with gear and a space?

we are a 3 piece guitar/bass/drums.

also we dont own a bass amp or a decent kit.

hoping to record in march

any suggestions / recommendations?

cheers,

Ern

We recorded in Storm in Rathmines

http://www.storm-studio.eu/

No idea about price though as we were going through a third party. Hard to say how the sound was as our gear is total shit there were amps and a kit around which was good but we stupidly used our own shitty gear to make our own shitty sounds. Good place all the same very very nice very very patient people.

cheers lads, keep em comin. will explore all options. our budget is about 300 euro give or take, hopefully give. might do a small fundit yolk combined with a fundraiser or some shit too

300 in total, or per day?

Bow Lane studio, with Jimmy Eadie, is great. Circa 350 a day, and he has tons of gear. It's where Def Leppard came up with Let's Get Rocked. Surely that's the most important factor?

Just get a minidisc recorder and a stereo mic - that shit sounds awesome on the cans

300 in total, or per day?

Bow Lane studio, with Jimmy Eadie, is great. Circa 350 a day, and he has tons of gear. It's where Def Leppard came up with Let's Get Rocked. Surely that's the most important factor?

do i get to snap off some of our drummers' limbs too!?

realisticly like 400-500 in total. hopefully

Just get a minidisc recorder and a stereo mic - that shit sounds awesome on the cans

used my zoom h4 to track drums for demoing shit and after some processing, they sound deadly!

Yeah with that budget I'd say go with the hive, they have a super kit out there, I have a few bass amps you could choose from if you need or you could use one of your Nolan heads for the bass.

Yeah with that budget I'd say go with the hive, they have a super kit out there, I have a few bass amps you could choose from if you need or you could use one of your Nolan heads for the bass.
cheers and yeah im leaning in the hive direction most at the mo

although

great sounds from the AP/Sisk combo.

yeah was sposed to be seein him later was gonna ask him a few things. i may find all this out this week sure

There's also Tommy from Estel, does stuff from home for pretty cheap as well as Ashtown which is a bit pricier.

Yes. that 70's ludwig is prob best kit i have heard in awhile. It sounds well good tracking too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back