***Cheap gig in The Village this FRIDAY*** (1 Viewer)

Ex-User (1487)

Alpha Relish presents...

30/05/03 The Village

The Coldspoon Conspiracy
Halfset
Waiting Room

Adm. 7.50 Doors: 8:00

The Coldspoon Conspiracy:

Having formed in early 2000 and after a few minor line-up changes, The Coldspoon Conspiracy have, in their relatively short lifespan, contributed to numerous sought-after compilations including Mango Music's 'For Yr Machine', Catchy Go-Go's 'Rockets Are Heavy', Subtly West's 'Dead Languages' and Homage Magazine's ‘Please Don’t Ask Us What We Think Of Your Band’. The bands have also released their own 7" EP entitled 'Hopelessly Naive' on the band's own Birthday Pony Records. Continually winning fans, they band caught the attention of the now infamous Del-9 animation death squad who completed a video for the band's track 'Tesseract'. The video has been screened in the Project Arts Centre, at Leagues O'Toole's 'Wonky' extravaganza in the Guinness Storehouse and has been aired no less than 3 times on Network 2's 'No Disco'.
The band's sound could be said to range from American Analog Set to Tortoise, covering all territory in between as and when it suits them. They slide with ease between styles and have managed the nowadays daunting task of harnessing an accomplished and unique sound of their own.

Halfset:

Halfset are a three-piece instrumental (well almost) group that feature the combined talents of Stephen Shannon, Jeff Martin and Biggley (ex Dot Creek). Men of considerable range and talent they have brought each of their distinct brands together and in the process created a marvellous and unique sound.
Incorporating a wide range of instruments and variously described as warm electronica and organic folk, the reality is that these guys really are paving their own path. Indeed their live excursions to date have been few, but very warmly received, starting off in abstract motorik fashion crossing americana and evolving into a dancefloor groove. Halfset commence work on their first release shortly which will see a release later this year.

Waiting Room:

Hailing from Cork, Waiting Room have been described as melodic, with intrictae weaving guitars and fragile affecting vocals. For fans of Pavement, Owls, Joan Of Arc, etc...

coldspoonconspiracy.jpg

hee hee hee :D

Jesus! Not forgetting BrainGirl on decks after the Coldspoons into the wee hours... DISCO DISCO DISCO!!!

NERD ALERT!!! :D you're on!!!

Originally posted by sparse
That's it, I wanna Rumble! Friday, The Village, Wexford Street, Dublin, bring your best wrestling gear !!!!HELL IN THE CELL!!!! I'll bring the peoples elbow, you can bring an ebow!

This looks good. Happy Birthday David Hag. I'd like to go and I hope you'll make it to this as well (aimed at Hag)

Have to go to the Seanós session as well though.

i'm sorry for not making it to the jimmy cake... i really am.

Originally posted by billygannon
This looks good. Happy Birthday David Hag. I'd like to go and I hope you'll make it to this as well (aimed at Hag)

Have to go to the Seanós session as well though.

Originally posted by AlphaRelish
i'm sorry for not making it to the jimmy cake... i really am.

Hey... I'm only pulling your chain. I hope to be at this and I'll pass on that CD.

Apolagies but due to an administrative blunder on the Venue's side, this gig will not go ahead. The Acid Mother's Temple soul collective show will go ahead as planned...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back