Charlambides & Agitated Radio Pilot: Galway,Ballymahon & Dublin (1 Viewer)

the dublin gig was the best one i have seen this year, certainly. all three acts were absolutely wonderful. totally gorgeous all in their own unique way. papercut's set was heartbreakingly beautiful, reminding me of stars of the lid towards the end. if you enjoyed this you will surely love the upcoming release "foxy methoxy" (a papercut collaboration with some sweaty fat cunt, cant remember his name). ARP were sublime in their rawness, extremely moving. charlambides were a combination of sweet female vocals and sublime effected guitar used to absolutely lovely effect. all in all: brilliant. i have run out of superlatives.

i just walked in for the last 5 minutes of papercut and was totally captured - so, like, i missed his cdr's - does he have them behind the desk at tower?... ARP had a few things going on in their four numbers and it worked really well - powerful type of voice that fella... i thought at the start it was all gonna be a bit led zep dungeons and dragons (?!?!) but was very pleasantly surprised...

i kinda absolutely love charalambides... only had this year's album and i knew that it was more song-based than most of their stuff - was brilliant, i thought... walked away with one of their cdr's, emerald something...

anyway, that's my non-professional tuppence worth

thought papercut and ARP were really really excellent, was a bit unimpressed with charalambides overall, although there were some really great moments. Another fine show from the deserted village chaps!

palace said:
i just walked in for the last 5 minutes of papercut and was totally captured - so, like, i missed his cdr's - does he have them behind the desk at tower?... ARP had a few things going on in their four numbers and it worked really well - powerful type of voice that fella... i thought at the start it was all gonna be a bit led zep dungeons and dragons (?!?!) but was very pleasantly surprised...

i kinda absolutely love charalambides... only had this year's album and i knew that it was more song-based than most of their stuff - was brilliant, i thought... walked away with one of their cdr's, emerald something...

Excellent night. Both Papercut and ARP were awesome. Charalambides were good too, fantastic playing.

palace said:

ay, I wish I'd seen more of Papercut; whoever mentioned Stars of the Lid there - yes. ARP I really liked (especially the one that was a wee bit Nick Cave-esque, with the drone, ay, that one). And Charalambides - burnsauce! Amazing.

Quintron said:
Did anyone get any photos? razzer?? Would love to see some shots if you have 'em. Very sorry to miss this gig at the last minute and by all accounts it was a good one!

yeah, i was instructed by the villagers to bring the camera. Should have a few shots up sunday at the latest

A huge thanks to the Deserted Village folks for puttin this on and for letting me play. This gig was seriously beautiful! Saw both ARP and Charalambides in Galway on Tues and thought it was good. This though, was just mindblowing. Looking forward to seeing the photos.

Fantastic gig. Thought Papercut was the best I've seen him yet, that last ARP piece (with Papercut & Sean Og guesting) was particularly great and Charalambides were brilliant. I could listen to Christina Carter's voice forever. Kudos to all involved.

One thing about the BBR, though: does anyone else seem to get inordinately drunk in there? I only had three pints all night, and felt pretty pissed by the end. That's happened to me several times there before, but not elsewhere (at least not after only three pints). I wonder if there's something weird about the taps and/or beer in that place.

Or, more likely, I'm just getting older...

great night, three cheers for the deserted villagers! so where can i buy some arp stuff? hadn't got enough cash last night to get anything bar some beer to quench my thirst. awfully warm in that room! maybe that has something to do with your unexpected drunkenness photon, drinking too fast like? i know i was.

mamul said:
great night, three cheers for the deserted villagers! so where can i buy some arp stuff? hadn't got enough cash last night to get anything bar some beer to quench my thirst. awfully warm in that room! maybe that has something to do with your unexpected drunkenness photon, drinking too fast like? i know i was.

Hi Mamul,

Thanks for coming. The new ARP cdr on Deserted Village will be in Road records next week or Pm me if you want a mail order. ARP were also playing some songs from the double 3" on Rusted Rail:

http://www.rustedrail.com/arp2.htm
l

Thanks for coming out everybody. Last night was the best I've seen Papercut by a mile. Perfectly paced and focused throughout. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i enjoyed papercut- some of it near the end sounded a bit like belong i thought- twas nice- where can i buy a cd forgot to buy one at the gig

Newest papercut CD on my label Haunted Tape Records. Check out www.htrecords.tk for excerpts and to order. 6 euro postpaid or else there may be some in ROAD RECORDS.

And yeah a nice focused set by Gary...enjoyed everything else nestled on the floor aswell.

thinking of trying to record that peice properly at some stage over the summer. i'll let ya know anyway. it was nice to play a quiet set for a change :)

photon said:
Fantastic gig. Thought Papercut was the best I've seen him yet, that last ARP piece (with Papercut & Sean Og guesting) was particularly great and Charalambides were brilliant. I could listen to Christina Carter's voice forever. Kudos to all involved.

One thing about the BBR, though: does anyone else seem to get inordinately drunk in there? I only had three pints all night, and felt pretty pissed by the end. That's happened to me several times there before, but not elsewhere (at least not after only three pints). I wonder if there's something weird about the taps and/or beer in that place.

Or, more likely, I'm just getting older...

I only had about 3 and I work up with a splitting headache the next day. Maybe the famed gumpiness of the barmaid has transferred to the hooch

JohnnyRaz said:
I only had about 3 and I work up with a splitting headache the next day. Maybe the famed gumpiness of the barmaid has transferred to the hooch

the little asian one?

never have i seen so much seething hatred in such a small little package :D

Quintron said:
Did anyone get any photos? razzer?? Would love to see some shots if you have 'em. Very sorry to miss this gig at the last minute and by all accounts it was a good one!

heres a selection;
papercut

pcut.jpg

arp
arp2.jpg

arp3.jpg

and charalambides
chal2.jpg

chal1.jpg

chal6.jpg

a few more up here, plus recent pics of betamax format among others!!
http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f38/RazPhoto/xxxxxNEW PICSxxxxxx/

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back