Channel 6 (2 Viewers)

Wow.

I'm not saying you have to like the girl.. but imagine saying that to her face. Now would ya? Do you really care that much? Wow.

I meant it artistically. I think.

In fairness, I shouldn't be giving a Channel 6 show a hard time for superficiality or insincerity.
Still though, to be that out of touch while pretending you're not....

I hope she breaks a leg.

Channel 6 are showing videos by Irish artists, as almost the ONLY outlet on TV for these artists. Good stuff Channel 6. Do people really care whether Michelle Doherty 'is into it or not?'. She's only a TV presenter!! She doesn't need a PhD in studies of Fight Like Apes or whatever bands they are playing...

what would be good is if the links were as interesting as that tv series vidz on channel 4 that reviewed well.. videos. they didnt pretend they were anything other than videoshop staff. have filing boy doing his links from the office space and airhostess from a mocked up cabin interior (i'm sure aerfindus would allow her to do the links on one of their planes)

link to vidz
YouTube - VIDS 2minute taster

What a great fucking show.
shame its not on anymore.totally a routine watch on Saturday nights

I also miss
Adventures Of Dynamo Duck
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Clangers
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Under The Moon with Danny kelly was great too.

Every time I flick by it, fucking Sex and the City is on. They just seem to play box sets of it. How is that allowed?

Channel 6 are showing videos by Irish artists, as almost the ONLY outlet on TV for these artists. Good stuff Channel 6. Do people really care whether Michelle Doherty 'is into it or not?'. She's only a TV presenter!! She doesn't need a PhD in studies of Fight Like Apes or whatever bands they are playing...

The argument " ah sure at least someone is doing it".

Is all that is wrong with the problem.

Yes, it should really matter that the presenter is passionate and know what the they are talkin about.

Take the comparison out of the Irish broadcast territory
and it appears as some piss poor community access show.

Regardless that she's sort of foxy in a spaniel kind of a way.

It is mind numbingly shit like most of the actual musical
content of the show.

It's like watching Simon Maher's Dream state.

I have absolutely nothing against her personally, I'm sure she's a lovely person and does her job well, my issue is with the fact that they trade on her looks to sell the show. It's a MUSIC show, not an INCREDIBLY GOOD LOOKING WOMAN show, and the ads should not be all 'ooh look at this gorgeous young wan, what a fine filly, oh and we also play a few videos!!!1' If they want to make a show with her faffing about in her underwear, they should just make one. Otherwise doing ads like that just undermines her abilities as a presenter and says she's nothing but a clothes horse.
It's hard enough to get a job in tv, never mind in presenting music shows (because there are practically none of them, natch) without thinking that people only get the jobs that are there because they're drop dead gorgeous. OK, so maybe people dont' want trolls presenting shows on TV, but at least put the emphasis on the music and NOT how cute the presenter is. Especially as we've established that they actually do make a good job of playing music videos by Irish bands and that should be applauded.

*takes deep breath*

I have absolutely nothing against her personally, I'm sure she's a lovely person and does her job well, my issue is with the fact that they trade on her looks to sell the show. It's a MUSIC show, not an INCREDIBLY GOOD LOOKING WOMAN show, and the ads should not be all 'ooh look at this gorgeous young wan, what a fine filly, oh and we also play a few videos!!!1' If they want to make a show with her faffing about in her underwear, they should just make one. Otherwise doing ads like that just undermines her abilities as a presenter and says she's nothing but a clothes horse.
It's hard enough to get a job in tv, never mind in presenting music shows (because there are practically none of them, natch) without thinking that people only get the jobs that are there because they're drop dead gorgeous. OK, so maybe people dont' want trolls presenting shows on TV, but at least put the emphasis on the music and NOT how cute the presenter is. Especially as we've established that they actually do make a good job of playing music videos by Irish bands and that should be applauded.

*takes deep breath*

I agree with you. People watch the show because they like music and it's got a decent video selection. When they start pushing it based on her looks it seems unnecessarily fluffy. To me anyway.
But it's the media we're talking about, and it was ever thus.

I have repaid the compliment for your use of Daragh and Purcell in the same sentence.

I agree with you. People watch the show because they like music and it's got a decent video selection. When they start pushing it based on her looks it seems unnecessarily fluffy. To me anyway.
But it's the media we're talking about, and it was ever thus.

thanks! yeah in a way it's almost not even worth making the points about her looks because it being TV, there's always an emphasis on looks. But it's the way they sell it that is so demeaning. You know, if she is someone who is very into music and knows her stuff, then it's pretty bad that they just sell her as a looker.
I'd have to go on extreme makeover to look like her but if I did, I'd be pretty pissed that someone was selling me based on being a good looking woman rather than someone who is into music. But then again, maybe it doesn't bother her. If it was me, I'd be furious. But it's unlikely to ever happen so I won't lose sleep :p

We need an Irish Jo Whiley, someone with their eyes set too close together, a wonky tooth, or a big nose. So even if they are faffing about in their underwear, the hypnotic spell weaved by their assymetrical face will remind us that they really know their stuff, and go home each night and put on their Tom Waits CDs, and we can all breathe easy cos they aint no secret air-hostess fan of the Pussycat Dolls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back