Champions League 2013-14 (1 Viewer)

And St Pauli is? Be consistent at least.
Be pedantic if you must you know what i mean.

Let me put it this way how many major clubs are there in mainland Europe who don't have a bunch of fans who are overtly right wing/racist/fascist ? I'd be surprised if we could get enough for one division from the top flight of France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Portugal and Holland combined.

And as far as LOI goes, for a start, Bohs and Rovers both have supporters who are a disgrace to their respective clubs and to the clubs themselves traditions. It's become or has always been such problem everywhere that clubs who don't have that kind of supporter are notable simply for that alone.

It's hardly pedantic - you're point's not clear. What is a 'bunch' of fans? Give us a % at least of the average home support.
You're doing clubs like Bohs a disservice if you ask me.

I didn't ask for a figure, I said a %. Can you not read?
If you're talking a 'bunch', then you might as well say there's no club in Europe that isn't full of leftist fucking guerillas.

I didn't ask for a figure, I said a %. Can you not read?
If you're talking a 'bunch', then you might as well say there's no club in Europe that isn't full of leftist fucking guerillas.
Right so can I express a percentage without a numerical figure ? how do I do that exactly ? Here I believe that Right wing Ultras make up

@£$% of all football fans.

Or

horse pyramid %

Yes there probably isn't a club in europe which doesn't have a "bunch" of leftist fucking guerillas supporting them however these leftist guerillas rarely ruin football matches by

Stabbing opposition supporters

Racially abusing both opposition or their own players

Singing / Chanting Anti-semetic/Homophobic/ Racist songs

Or openly using Nazi salutes or exhibiting Nazi imagery which are illegal in several countries in europe.

Once again you've gone in two footed over the top over something without bothering to think first. The point I was making was that there aren't many, clubs in Europe which don't have at least some vocal and overtly right wing often racist supporters. Off hand I could think of two and of those two neither belong to the upper echelons of the football world. I wasn't saying you were wrong with your examples or that they weren't valid or even that my examples were any better. I was just stating the obvious and suggesting that it simply is a case of the bigger the club the more varied the support and therefore the more unpalatable some of that support becomes.

So yeah going back to the original point that Hector Grey made about Atletico being as big a bunch of fascists as Real, You could say that if you want but, are there any big clubs who regularly attract 30,000+ supporters in Europe where a vocal percentage of them aren't right wing ultras ? Are clubs just a victim of their own appeal ? That's the theory I'm toying with here.

Oh and as far as I know (I could be wrong) Atletico's stadium isn't named after a lad who fought for the fascists in the civil war.

This is what I've seen in the four weeks since infection. People killing people. Which is much what I saw in the four weeks before infection, and the four weeks before that, and before that, and as far back as I care to remember. People killing people. Which to my mind, puts us in a state of normality right now.

Oh and as far as I know (I could be wrong) Atletico's stadium isn't named after a lad who fought for the fascists in the civil war.

Real's first stadium was called Campo de O'Donnell, named for Leopoldo O'Donnell, a descendent of Calbhach O'Domhnaill, King of Tyrconnell. So I suppose that historically makes Real more associated with Irish kingship and succession in Ulster, as opposed to fascism, and their more authentic rivalry would be with Shane O'Neill and his clan, as opposed to Barcelona.

Real's first stadium was called Campo de O'Donnell, named for Leopoldo O'Donnell, a descendent of Calbhach O'Domhnaill, King of Tyrconnell. So I suppose that historically makes Real more associated with Irish kingship and succession in Ulster, as opposed to fascism, and their more authentic rivalry would be with Shane O'Neill and his clan, as opposed to Barcelona.
And now it's named after a fscist.

Ok, a little research shows me that's wrong!
Yeah I know right ? I've been at it all day. Thus far the biggest supported club I can find who don't have serious right wing support and haven't had a bout of crowd trouble of late is St Pauli. They attract just about 30,000 gates regularly.

I guess we're probably naive in this part of the world regarding the extreme right.

The problem here is that football teams are supported by people, and people are cunts.

But for the record, I'm reasonably sure Hearts of Oak don't have any fascist supporters.

The problem here is that football teams are supported by people, and people are cunts.

But for the record, I'm reasonably sure Hearts of Oak don't have any fascist supporters.
Accra Hearts of Oak SC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Am I missing something ?

also

Hearts suffered a great tragedy on 9 May 2001 when 126 people died in Africa's worst footballing disaster while watching a match between Hearts of Oak and Asante Kotoko. Trouble started when supporters of Asante Kotoko began ripping out seats in an act of hooliganism in protest at a goal allowed by the referee for Hearts of Oak, which they believe should have been disallowed for offside. Police reacted by firing tear gas into the crowd, it has been suggested that this was an over-reaction. Reports suggest that the gates to the ground were locked and that the rush to escape the tear gas was a contributory factor to the death toll. A commission inquiry did not indict the hooligans in its report.

So yeah not quite but at least they rioted over a dodgy goal rather than racism right ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back