Chalets/Neusupervital Next Wednesday ! (1 Viewer)

hugh

Contributor
Since 2000
Solutions
Folks,

Road Relish #12 will be launched next Wednesday in Whelans (that's the 26th). It's got the fabulous Chalets on one side (with the insanely catchy "Two Chord Song") and the wonderful Neosupervital on the other.

Record has super-sexy artwork done by the Chalets and in a stunning break with tradition it's on white vinyl instead of the usual heavy black.

We actually have our act together this time so the records will be on sale in Whelans on the night. It's 7 euros in and you can buy tickets in advance from Road. We've sold a good few already ............ I should devise some press release mumbo-jumbo to convince you how good this is going to be but YOU KNOW YOU KNOW

Attachments

• chaletsmall.jpg
    chaletsmall.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 272
*such* lies, it's totally made up. like any of us will ever have our 'acts' together.

and hugh, it's a double A side for shitting crikey! it'll never do being more enthusiastic about one side than another. neosupervital's song is called sherwood and it's equally as catchy as the chalets song.

Pedant.

I am well aware of the title of the Neosupervital track and fully concur with it's "catchiness". I am particularly impressed with the subtle melodic counterpoint employed. Sincere apologies for neglecting to focus on that "catchiness". In the interests of striking a balance let's have a look at the other side, equally important, side of the record.

Neil whathisname from the Equality authority may have something to say about this.

Attachments

• neo.jpg
    neo.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 228
check it out!

it's cartoon Tim!

he's like a character from one of those spanish cartoons with the beardy guys with the antennae - once upon a time...life! that was the one. twas overdubbed and everyone talked really fast to keep up with the Spanish dialogue

Jesus you don't have to play it !

1) Just buy it for the artwork

2) BOTH songs are so "insanely catchy" that if you come to the gig they will be forever lodged in your head thus removing the need to actually play the record.

No problem.

Originally posted by hugh
Jesus you don't have to play it !

1) Just buy it for the artwork

2) BOTH songs are so "insanely catchy" that if you come to the gig they will be forever lodged in your head thus removing the need to actually play the record.

No problem.

That was the plan anyway. It just feels like being a bit of a saddo, buying a record you can't play.

Originally posted by sthar
That was the plan anyway. It just feels like being a bit of a saddo, buying a record you can't play.

didn't hagpi used to put the mp3's of the road relish stuff on the alpha religh site? would be good to get that goin again.

Get an ickle record player with a builtin preamp and you can plug it into most anything. They're pretty cheap too, dinner for two in a mid-to-fancy restaurant cheap.

Originally posted by kstop
Get an ickle record player with a builtin preamp and you can plug it into most anything. They're pretty cheap too, dinner for two in a mid-to-fancy restaurant cheap.

I don't even have anything to plug it into! Then again, I wouldn't take anyone out for dinner either.
The mp3s would be a nice idea, otherwise I'll just have to wait for the bootleg of the gig... ;)

Originally posted by snakybus
because he's a super hero

and super heroes.....are in space?

maybe it's just a polo neck

its the top bit of a bottle of yop jus' floating around obscuring the bloody threads of tim's decapitated head after his run in with the space chalets.

I don't even have anything to plug it into! Then again, I wouldn't take anyone out for dinner either.
The mp3s would be a nice idea, otherwise I'll just have to wait for the bootleg of the gig... ;)

well if you are coming to the gig, i guess i could burn you a copy onto cd or something and give it to you then.
well, *i* couldn't cos i dont have a cd burner but maybe dylan could.
or something.
you know.
we'll work it.

That cover looks bleedin deadly! I'm lookin forward to this. White Vinyl eh? I'm confused and aroused. Maybe I'll kiss their guitarist with dogfood still on me face, after din dins ye know.;)

Originally posted by Knacker
I'm going to tape it off the radio. Put it on my February 2003 Best Hits collection.

I'm putting together a tape collection for my future wife.

em...

wow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back