Celebrity Big Brother (1 Viewer)

From The Guardian:
Channel 4 found itself in a serious fix last week. When your £3m sponsor, a mobile phone salesman, has stolen the moral high ground, you know you're in trouble. So, on Friday night, in a frantic attempt to save Big Brother from meltdown, producers abandoned the "reality" artifice, briefing the housemates and coaching Jade Goody before her post eviction interview with presenter Davina McCall. But instead of saving Big Brother, the tactic backfired - it was obvious to the millions of viewers that producers were engineering a reconciliation between Goody and the target of her racially motivated bullying, Shilpa Shetty.

Big Brother's rotten heart was exposed: McCall (agent: John Noel) interviewing Goody (also represented by Noel) who would go on to Big Brother spinoff shows fronted by Dermot O'Leary (managed by J. Noel) and Russell Brand (another Noel client). We now know that, after demanding Channel 4 spare Goody a mauling from an open press conference, Noel negotiated a damage-limitation interview with the News of the World - all proceeds to charity, naturally. Astoundingly, producers had the nerve to make McCall call for auditions for the next series. "You too can be abused and humiliated on national television!"

I love the way C4 and Endemol are getting the blame for all of this.

If you buy Heat magazine its your fault. You're the oxygen this shit survives on.

Are they ganging up on Dirk now or what?

Geebags.

Just because he rejected Cleo's advances? Now she's running around liek a woman scorned spouting shite like, "He shouldn't talk like that in front of young girls." Changed yer toon there, love.

That programme just keeps getting better and better.

Isn't your Big Brother supposed to come and stop the bullies?

Yeah I watched that show, your wan was a really naive/stupid posh girl. She was on about too many cultures diluting British culture and other similar bullshit like that. Similar comments to the show "Are you really british?" that was on a while back.

Are tv stations supposed to sensor every racist remark made from now on? Prince Philip and the like would have to be banned from tv if this were the case I reckon. Not that I condone her comments but I think there's a difference between racist bullying ala Jade et al and stuff like this.

Dyslexist.

handshake-800x600.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back