celebrating new and innovative Irish voices (1 Viewer)

I didnt bother reading all the stuff above. But look at it like this - I dont have digital tv, or even bluudy MTVEE, so any music show is good because its one less show about farmers from roscommon with period pain (present feminist company accepted, but ye' know what i'm on about).
I fucking taped it, it wasnt that bad and its a break from bono and his fucking save the world speil. It opens the door a little more than it was open before heh? Non? Oiu? Boef? maybe in year or two outspan will have his own site called "thingsoutspanismissing.whine" and he''ll grudge us useless fucks fer taking over from the menstrual farmers associatinion of the united states of extremely western europe....

Re: la femme

Originally posted by Barrel O'Carols
"thingsoutspanismissing.whine"

v funny

but I'm actually post post feminist... or did you mean Silo??

i'm a feminist?

Originally posted by silo
what got me, and i said it over on t'other thread, was that they called it innovative.

...even assuming that cos it has the word 'voices' and so it can't have any instrumental music (so byebye herv, northstation, daemien frost, rednecks, jimmy cake, papercop, formika, loooooooads of other people)

even after that, why no tycho brahe, for example, oh carol o' thickobras? it's the best album of last year by far. and could pretty fairly be described as 'innovative'*.

*the word 'innovative' being, of course, a subjective and interpretative one to start with, but that's a whole other problem...
..sorry silo hate to nit pick but papercop have a singer.

There was nothing new or innovative. There was only shit . Negative? Fucking right. Waste of airtime, waste of our time. Stop being so feckin oirish and thinkin 'ah but sure isnt it great we have a music program at all???' NO ITS NOT. Just have a quick look over the water to see how it should be done. Dont be comin accross all 'New and Innovative' and then shove a load of tossers down our throats who've had bags of albums out (or even one for that matter) and still play to the same crowds they have done for years CAUSE THEY'RE NOT VERY GOOD!! Should have been called music in a room full of my family and friends.

(Lots of sugar on this boys cornflakes this moanin)

Originally posted by silo
what got me, and i said it over on t'other thread, was that they called it innovative.

...even assuming that cos it has the word 'voices' and so it can't have any instrumental music (so byebye herv, northstation, daemien frost, rednecks, jimmy cake, papercop, formika, loooooooads of other people)

even after that, why no tycho brahe, for example, oh carol o' thickobras? it's the best album of last year by far. and could pretty fairly be described as 'innovative'*.

*the word 'innovative' being, of course, a subjective and interpretative one to start with, but that's a whole other problem...

Sorry, I'm a bit sick of all these "conspiracy theories" where the evil media (RTE, Hot Press, etc.) are not giving exposure to bands like the ones you quote.....

Why do you need to complicate things? It's easy as that: Rednecks, Damien Frost, Jimmy Cake, despite being good bands are a niche thing!

I think it's about time to stop moaning and accept reality: The Frames can pack Vicar St. three days in a row, Papercop can't... and this is why the former are on TV and the latter aren't. This has nothing to do with the value of the bands (I don't really like The Frames to be honest)

It's all about the audience: RTE don't bother to shoot a documentary about the *real* indie scene because only a few people who are into it would find it interesting

It's simple as that!

The reason only a few people would find it interesting is that no-one gets to see it unless they get off their arses and out to a gig. The way to get people interested is to show the stuff on the bleedin telly. If your not part of the solution......

Not to be too argumentative serpico;

Its more "fucking oiiiiirrrriiishhh" to dislike anything productive that Irish folk do than it is to encourage it. Thats we were all tryin to break fukkin spain.

and " Should have been called music in a room full of my family and friends" - your just pissed cause it was outspan and all his fekkin delmonte depressed little chiquita friends on lastnight and not your cliky "I'm cooler than starsky and fukkin hutch buddies"

Scuse'you capn, I would never claim to be cooler than starsky and hutch, your confusing me with the real Serpico. My point is instead of doing a Jools Holland style 'here's some new bands you dont know along with some stuff you do' we get a whole half hour of the bleeding frames. More a case of 'heres some bands you know you dont like cause they've been bangin around the country for the past 10+ years' goin nowhere. like your argument...

Originally posted by Alex
Nothing personal, Sorry! I wish you *will* pack Vicar St.

:)

..yep one day..there is also the cake to consider though, they sell just as many records I'm sure and have managed to have sold out whelans two nights on the trot..should they and their ilk deserve a little more music press then they get?.Perhaps. It is funny though that if you play "instrumental" music these days that everybody gets lumped in a "scene"..and by ascosiation people assume that there is a common mandate or opiion on things. this my dears, on closer inspection is not the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Poor Creature
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back