CD Artwork design...bidness (1 Viewer)

ya I woulda posted it there initially, but I reckoned a quicker response would come if it was in the general board.

by the by..in terms of bleed..how can you ensure the subject of your image is proportionally contained within the print area and also allow for 3mm of bleed?
the cover image Im using is quite tightly framed and theres not much room at the top for expanding off the print area. :confused:

in 10 years of print design and pre-press I have never ever heard a printer or designer calling it 'Xpress' rather than Quark. but maybe Ive been hanging around with the wrong crowd.

I feel like I must bring people's attention to this. If you get your CDs done through MAD you should organise your own artwork printing somewhere else. The printers they use have made a complete balls of both the Mound and the rednecks cover.

actually the disc face looks great - it just wasn't what we had specified. But we didn't get a cromalin for that. Just on the outside cover, the dark lettering came out too dark and that was just a bit annoying. not too bad though

-
X??\nakybus]actually the disc face looks great - it just wasn't what we had specified. But we didn't get a cromalin for that. Just on the outside cover, the dark lettering came out too dark and that was just a bit annoying. not too bad though[/QUOTE]

yeah the CD face looked good, OBVIOUSLY, I mean I DESIGNED IT!!

sheessh

it just wasn't as amazing as it could've been, it like could've been 150% amazing... and instead it was only 146% brilliant.... and you know I don't settle for less then 150% in anything I do... EVER!!!!!!!!

For what it's worth, MAD printers made a Balls of the omelette CD too...

They may be cheap, but you pay for it elswhere...

Pantone247 said:
yeah the CD face looked good, OBVIOUSLY, I mean I DESIGNED IT!!

sheessh

it just wasn't as amazing as it could've been, it like could've been 150% amazing... and instead it was only 146% brilliant.... and you know I don't settle for less then 150% in anything I do... EVER!!!!!!!!
including your exclamation marks!!!! (!!)

Hey, four years ago! C'mon in!So...when you say, text needs to be outlined...what the hey does that mean?

Hey, four years ago! C'mon in!So...when you say, text needs to be outlined...what the hey does that mean?

it's making the text into an object rather than editable text. if you supply a printer with an eps or ai files and the text isn't outlined and they don't have the fonts you used, your shit can get all screwed up. if you use InDesign it's not necessary - you just export to high res pdf and printers don't need the fonts.

I was using Quark again there recently and I almost threw up. InDesign kicks its ass.

I was using Quark again there recently and I almost threw up. InDesign kicks its ass.

I'd like to have a long discussion over many beers about this

I'm doing a job in quark at home, and it's painful... for the obvious reasons, and the not so... I'm convinced the rending in quark is bad, really bad, the difference between a 2pt rule and .75pt rule is nothing... NOTHING!!!

and that's only the tip of the iceberg

I'd like to have a long discussion over many beers about this

I'm doing a job in quark at home, and it's painful... for the obvious reasons, and the not so... I'm convinced the rending in quark is bad, really bad, the difference between a 2pt rule and .75pt rule is nothing... NOTHING!!!

and that's only the tip of the iceberg

hehe you should come round my old place for a few beers and pool. it often gets heated and my old boss tends to be at the centre of it and blazing on about good design practice. someone usually throws up. good times.

if anyone knows where i might accidentally stumble across an etc etc of the aforementioned InDes ahem etc etc PM me.

if anyone knows where i might accidentally stumble across an etc etc of the aforementioned InDes ahem etc etc PM me.

just find a torrent for it on one of them bittorrent sites. or I think you can actually download a trial for it on the adobe site. then maybe find a serial crack or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back